The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 10:05 Quote
Nordest Cycles is a side project of the guy who owns the luxurious Jerónimo brand... for this one he make the design in Spain and build the frames in Taiwan...

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 5:54 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
Nordest Cycles is a side project of the guy who owns the luxurious Jerónimo brand... for this one he make the design in Spain and build the frames in Taiwan...
Thanks Red-O - That's ill!! Drool Budget Jerónimos, even...

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 10:09 Quote
numbskull22 wrote:
The Sklar and that Northest are simply stunning to me!! Love the curves on the Sklar.
Making me think again about B+ for my Nimble 9!

The more I ride B+ the more I like more aggro/traditional 29ers. Would be cool to have two wheelsets to switch between.

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 10:18 Quote
JesseE wrote:
numbskull22 wrote:
The Sklar and that Northest are simply stunning to me!! Love the curves on the Sklar.

The more I ride B+ the more I like more aggro/traditional 29ers. Would be cool to have two wheelsets to switch between.

Run two wheelset's on most bikes, don't switch cassette's .. light n' fast for trail/xc, heavier set for gnar

Makes even more sense for what your suggesting. Better than cool

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 10:33 Quote
JesseE wrote:
numbskull22 wrote:

Pray tell sir, please elaborate on your experiences with the chubby rubbers - why you you prefer the skinny svelte rubbers, etc.

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 11:14 Quote
Personally I've only had a go on a Scott spark plus and a full on On-One fat bike and wasn't overly thrilled with either of them. I don't like the feel of tyres 'rolling about' as you come into a corner. Makes the bike feel less planted. The extra drag caused by the larger tyre when churning along fire-roads was noticeable too. Granted the extra size did help with grip in certain areas and the extra softness did make things somewhat more comfortable but the cons were outweighing the pro's too much.

Get a wheelset though if you can afford too. Plus tyres are still uncommon enough that you wouldn't lose much resale value if you decided you didn't like it. I didn't enjoy the experience but the friend I leant the spark off swears by it having swapped out his standard 650b rig in favour of it. It's definitely a personal taste thing.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 11:52 Quote
photo
there are pros & cons, pros: rollover, traction, comfort pedalling seated over rough ground. less fatigue from trail buzz through the bars (prob in part due to rollover/ increase diameter)
cons: added weight, slower to spin up (noticed more gear shifts required), less feedback from trail, a touch bouncy (in a wallowy way) when seated.

aim to use for bikepacking & my local xc forest loops in the summer when it's packed hard. ranger tread is 95% identical to racing ralph with added row of transition knobs. for wet sloppy & aggressive or DH/jump trails still think hans dampf or nobby nics would give way better performace.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 12:03 Quote
ledude wrote:
JesseE wrote:
numbskull22 wrote:

Pray tell sir, please elaborate on your experiences with the chubby rubbers - why you you prefer the skinny svelte rubbers, etc.

I like the more natural feeling of skinny rubbers.

Smile

Jokes aside, I do find a more narrow tire has less play, which I find more confidence inspiring. Even with wide rims and good pressure you can feel the tires squirm more on fast turns etc. when the get into the 2.8 area. I do like them for lumpy stuff, or our crusty winters here, but for a high speed shred, I prefer my dampf/nic combo to any + tire I've used. I also think they'd be a nice option on rigid. 2.8, though. 3.0 and up just feels like a fat bike to me.

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 12:52 Quote
Great feedback guys. Some food for thought there. Slower to spin up is something that really puts me off. I need to get a blast on some to see how they feel for me and my trails before investing for sure.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 13:03 Quote
Hated 29er however b+ is fu@£ing outstanding imo

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 13:20 Quote
JesseE wrote:
ledude wrote:
JesseE wrote:

I like the more natural feeling of skinny rubbers.

Smile

Jokes aside, I do find a more narrow tire has less play, which I find more confidence inspiring. Even with wide rims and good pressure you can feel the tires squirm more on fast turns etc. when the get into the 2.8 area. I do like them for lumpy stuff, or our crusty winters here, but for a high speed shred, I prefer my dampf/nic combo to any + tire I've used. I also think they'd be a nice option on rigid. 2.8, though. 3.0 and up just feels like a fat bike to me.

I had the same experience...and then some with constant burping and rim dents (with above avg plus tire psi).

I guess like skinny tires/skinny women.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 13:22 Quote
numbskull22 wrote:
Great feedback guys. Some food for thought there. Slower to spin up is something that really puts me off. I need to get a blast on some to see how they feel for me and my trails before investing for sure.
im running 26+ on the low mk3 but have 3 wheelsets (excessive??) ready to roll. those slow rolling heavy b+ maxxis leave me feeling exhausted just lookin' at 'em...

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 14:27 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
pugs241 wrote:
photo

Does anyone know more about this bike / frame?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028763
Mobile Version of Website