The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 1:16 Quote
cant believe didnt post it himself

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 3:22 Quote
a-d-e wrote:
cant believe didnt post it himself

so nice Smile

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 4:08 Quote
No front brake = No stoppies.

No stoppies = Bike + 0 Fun

2/10 Would not ride.

lol

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 4:28 Quote
I forgot to buy an adapter for the front brake Smile

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 4:55 Quote
I jest! I love the bike really man.

What width rubber you running? Looks burly but not too bloated like most wider tyres look nowadays.

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 5:11 Quote

Something about the looks this particular Chameleon is growing on me...

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 6:20 Quote
mozz wrote:

Wondered where you were!!

Looks good, what does the BB/yokes/stay area look like up close?

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 6:46 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
I jest! I love the bike really man.

What width rubber you running? Looks burly but not too bloated like most wider tyres look nowadays.

Thanks man. They are Minions DHR 2 WT at 2.4 and DHF WT at 2.5... on 35 mm wide rims...

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 6:57 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
mozz wrote:

Wondered where you were!!

Looks good, what does the BB/yokes/stay area look like up close?

I've been stupid busy at work the last 2 months, but I check in most lunch breaks to make sure all's good. People on this thread a generally chill, well behaved and on a similar wave length fortunately so it keeps within parameters.

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 8:02 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

2016 Wideangle here running 160mm up front ..lean forward on the climbs? Yep lol

Ain't much climbing to be done here

It was no good 'to me' sitting at 150mm - Geo too XC !! lol

BB is fairly high * but I don't like pedal strikes.. however, if I used it like it was intended, loamy woods and such like I would run 150

* Works components angleset to slack her out will be my next and only change.. bring that BB down

Short stays are fun 420mm, steel makes it for me, proper hack

Nice builds up there ^^ tup

Newest offerings have better Geo for sure

Thinking about a 2017 for myself, but have seen a few 2016s FS, so got me wondering about the geo and ride diffs.

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 8:35 Quote
jjalonzo wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

2016 Wideangle here running 160mm up front ..lean forward on the climbs? Yep lol

BB is fairly high * but I don't like pedal strikes.. however, if I used it like it was intended, loamy woods and such like I would run 150

* Works components angleset to slack her out will be my next and only change.. bring that BB down

Thinking about a 2017 for myself, but have seen a few 2016s FS, so got me wondering about the geo and ride diffs.
itll drop the bb by a staggering 2mm lol but if its polenty slack you can drop 10mm off the travel & drop the bb another 4mm whilst only losing .5 degree off the HA.

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 9:47 Quote
metaam wrote:
LeftHandYogi wrote:
metaam wrote:

I wish my tan walls would hurry up and discolour like this.

Hmm... Do you live near any peat bogs?

I'm not sure, Steve has never disclosed his toilet habits to me. Surely there must be a more hygienic way Big Grin
lol Surely there must! lol

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 9:59 Quote
its-chris wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
craigmagee wrote:

Yup, August Cycles. Had some numbers in mind but now just pondering them again. Mainly head angle. Riden the last version of the nomad with 65deg head angle and that felt fine up and down, but obviously fs, other bikes I've had/ridden have been fs, with 66.5ha and felt could be slacker. Current Cotic is 150mm @ 67deg sagged, feels ok but twitchy.

For what it's worth I designed my frame around a static 65*hta, but ended up putting a taller fork on it bringing it to 64* unsagged. I feel like slack headtube angles are very important on aggressive hardtails like this, since they're designed to do the same type of riding as these >66*hta FS bikes, but don't have any sag in the rear to offset the front.

Also if you're running a short fork, there is much less detriment to a slack HTA since it won't kick the front wheel out as far as a tall fork.

exactly, what I was about to say, the FS sag the rear and slack the HTA, I would not fear a 64-65 HTA on a HT

I'll stick to 65 sagged then. Excited for the build, just got to wait for one other frame to be finished before mine, and then decide on paint ????

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 12:11 Quote
@mozz: I saw a beauty this morning on IG but couldn't figure out how to add an image from there.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWRrFGWl9Pr/

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 12:13 Quote
a-d-e wrote:
jjalonzo wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

itll drop the bb by a staggering 2mm lol but if its polenty slack you can drop 10mm off the travel & drop the bb another 4mm whilst only losing .5 degree off the HA.

Deffo go back to 150mm if angleset fitted and don't pedal well

Every mm counts lol especially at my age

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015706
Mobile Version of Website