The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 13:07 Quote
mgolder wrote:
Do pace have a good reason for no internal dropper routing?

They're forward thinking and waiting for a reliable electronic dropper...like me? Lol

Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 13:13 Quote
pdee wrote:
What dropouts are farting around with?

The ones that are adjustable and compatible with qr bolt thru boost blah blah!! Just pick one!

I'm not a big fan of pace bikes, although there's been a few nice builds put on here.

Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 15:13 Quote
Views: 3,373    Faves: 55    Comments: 4

Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 16:59 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
Hi all.
I purchased a 2016 Orange Crush recently, great bike, love it, however its slightly on the big side for me. Im 5ft 10, and the bike is a large, fitted with a 35mm stem. The reach is perfect, however its my short legs causing me issues, with the standover height being just too tall. The bike just doesn't feel playful enough, and I have a feeling I will get stuck on the saddle on the steep stuff.

Im wondering if you have any suggestions to a similar frame to the Orange, but with a lower standover, and generally more playful? Cheers.

Size down.

Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 17:49 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
Views: 3,373    Faves: 55    Comments: 4

My back yard Wink

Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 18:32 Quote
passwordpinkbike wrote:
ArchieDH wrote:
Hi all.
I purchased a 2016 Orange Crush recently, great bike, love it, however its slightly on the big side for me. Im 5ft 10, and the bike is a large, fitted with a 35mm stem. The reach is perfect, however its my short legs causing me issues, with the standover height being just too tall. The bike just doesn't feel playful enough, and I have a feeling I will get stuck on the saddle on the steep stuff.

Im wondering if you have any suggestions to a similar frame to the Orange, but with a lower standover, and generally more playful? Cheers.

Size down.

DMR trailstar ..

that playful element is a Geo thing, you ride hard if I recall, a Kona Honzo aluminium ?

You fussed about steel? Some damn fine ally bikes out there.. aggressive as it gets

Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 18:43 Quote
SilverCreek wrote:
JesseE wrote:
SilverCreek wrote:

Isn't that what this is all about?

Pretty much. Ask the Jones bike guy about geo, or the designers from Pole bikes about what makes a trail bike great and then ask the folks at Chromag or Kona and you'll get totally different answers.

Yes. Well put.
And a bike!
photo

Nice bike.Smile

Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 20:17 Quote
mgolder wrote:
Do pace have a good reason for no internal dropper routing?
If it's fixed at the seatpost collar it's acceptable imo, it looks clean enough and it's easy to install and swap out. At the rails of the saddle though... no excuse.

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 0:15 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
passwordpinkbike wrote:
ArchieDH wrote:
Hi all.

Size down.

DMR trailstar ..

that playful element is a Geo thing, you ride hard if I recall, a Kona Honzo aluminium ?

You fussed about steel? Some damn fine ally bikes out there.. aggressive as it gets

I'm wondering if u have Danny B in your mind!?

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 2:38 Quote
Nope, he of recent full-suss? Nope. I know Danny from here and Instagram tup

Archie rides hard, check his vids

That being said, was early morning/late night drivel from my fingers!!! Crush is ally d'Oh!

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 4:52 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
Hi all.

Medium Ragley Bluepig?
Reach is a bit shorter, but it's got good ball clearance and modern geo.
Price isn't too painful either.

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 5:50 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

That being said, was early morning/late night drivel from my fingers!!! Crush is ally d'Oh!

Cool! Yh, I follow Archie on IG and YT

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 7:44 Quote
sam14thomas wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Cool! Yh, I follow Archie on IG and YT

Hey, no sweats, I try to be as accurate as I can here on PB threads, i sometimes spout bs or called out for misinformation - I learn I move on.

Lot of respect for the people whom contribute here on PB - vast knowledge and experience to be gained.. even down to the simplest stuff - adds to my already high stoke level!!

See .. I'm babbling shit again

1hour sleep ain't enough lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.030958
Mobile Version of Website