The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 11:51 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Nice! And oooo I like that idea foxy soxy!

Time to visit Bend hehehe

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 12:01 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Nice! And oooo I like that idea foxy soxy!

Time to visit Bend hehehe

Wink

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 14:59 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Hammer48 wrote:
If you were going to buy a new hardtail..how on earth do you decide which one to get. ??? So many rad ones out there.

For me... 29er, seat angle between 76-78 degrees, head angle between 65-66 degrees, reach between 455-460mm, frame will take up to 2.6 - 29" tires, will take 200mm dropper post, no cables on the bottom of the downtube and no absolutely no baby blue/mint colours anywhere to be found. Did I miss anything?
Please post pictures of any HT's meeting these requirements below. Thank you. Smile

Why such a steep seat angle, and surely a slacker head angle, around 63.5-64.5 200mm droppers appear to wear pretty bad

I’ve ridden all angles and I find somewhere in the 65-66 degree is the sweet spot for all around riding. Steeper seat angle to be more in the front/middle of the bike when climbing and 200mm dropper because I’m tall.
Keep in mind a HT for me is a playful all mountain riding tool, I don’t need it to run like a DH bike going down. If going steep and deep riding I’ll take my slacker full squishy bike.

The new Rootdown is pretty close to what I'm talking about.
HA is 64 (Left at 65 would have been fine for me)
SA is 76 (that will work)
Large reach is 478mm. (That will work, running a 35-40mm stem)
Storter seat tube for longer droppers. (Perfect)
No baby blue, turquoise on seafoam to be found (Perfect)
Only thing not checked off my list is the dropper cable on the bottom of the downtube. (bummer) My bikes do see significant tailgate time getting back and forth from riding areas, Vernon, Salmon Arm, Revelstoke, Kamloops, etc. Cables on the bottom get knicks and flattened out sooner. Not a huge deal but on the top of the downtube would be better.

Now where is that new blue Rootdown posted pages back so I can repost it?
Here we go.

New Chromag Rootdown. New colors new geo .

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 16:21 Quote
Geo's highly personal. Its great we have so many choices out there now. If I was very tall I'd go for a an even steeper seat angle than I typically like too. The higher the saddle relative to the BB the further back ones seat gets so for a tall person a 76-78deg seat angle could easily have the same relative to BB position as a 74-76 seat angle for someone shorter.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 16:55 Quote
If anyone is in the process of planning an amazing build and wants to add a splash of purple this stem is up for grabs for free at the moment, hit the link for details, Just make sure you are doing a very sexy build before you take advantage of the generosity being passed on ......... [PI=https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2485284/][/PI]
[PI=https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2485284/][/PI]

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 17:33 Quote
Santa Slaker nice gift man

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 18:00 Quote
mr-winks wrote:
Santa Slaker nice gift man
It is pb user @ryanm189 who is the Santa.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 18:04 Quote
Stem would look kill on my other halfs purple and black carbon honzo. PM sent. Good looking out slacker!

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 3:24 Quote
Wow, I like that!

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 13:52 Quote
That Rootdown is ON POINT. Nicely done, and nice photos.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 15:03 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
That Rootdown is ON POINT. Nicely done, and nice photos.

yep the brown orange is tits

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
To help celebrate that excellent Rootdown and the upcoming vote for 2018 Sexiest AFE Hardtail and its subsequent winners and nominees. As well as a tip off to the fine folks that keep this most excellent thread going. I suggest a few moments looking back to watch this fine example of riding a bike. Jordan Hodder rides like I do in my dreams and how I wished I did in real life.

https://vimeo.com/187696922

Turn the lights down and your stereo up, its worth it.

Ride on.

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031737
Mobile Version of Website