The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 23:46 Quote
Cool bike, overall dimensions look good and I get that it's an old picture....but that brake line...

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 23:50 Quote
It's the dropper line, not the brake.

I especially like the nipples on the seattube Big Grin that is a smart system but looks hilarious

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 5:01 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
It's the dropper line, not the brake.

I especially like the nipples on the seattube Big Grin that is a smart system but looks hilarious

The nipples are for a Fabric cageless bottle. It kept falling off so I got rid of it. Plus the bottle was crap.

Not sure what is up with the cables, they're a fing mess in that photo. I've tidied up a lot since.

Also worth noting is the CS is at 460mm to keep the front down due to the slack STA.

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 5:50 Quote
Oh? I thought that the Fabric system was well executed. At least better than those magnetic etc systems

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 5:57 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
Oh? I thought that the Fabric system was well executed. At least better than those magnetic etc systems

They're ok for a bit but get loose with time. Also a bit of a PITA to get in an out cf a normal bottle cage.

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
SileTzar wrote:

They're ok for a bit but get loose with time. Also a bit of a PITA to get in an out cf a normal bottle cage.

Mines fine, been using it for a full year now with no issues. Had to fiddle with bolt/stud tightness quite a bit mind.

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 10:41 Quote
RedOctober wrote:

WOW. From this angle looks kill.

Fabric bottles are crap. I tried using them but as soon the ride gets ruff they come off flying. Cute for road riding.

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
stefanroussev wrote:
RedOctober wrote:

Fabric bottles are crap. I tried using them but as soon the ride gets ruff they come off flying. Cute for road riding.

I would love to have tires that look like that on my black middle child, but man, they are so much heavier than my schwalbes, I just can't do it.

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
RedOctober wrote:

This is a real stunner!! Love it....

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 11:17 Quote
Like!
Is there a drive side picture of this one? The bike taint from this side upsetting.

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 12:33 Quote
JesseE wrote:
stefanroussev wrote:
RedOctober wrote:

I would love to have tires that look like that on my black middle child, but man, they are so much heavier than my schwalbes, I just can't do it.

Don't be afraid. WTB tyres have fairly low rolling resistances for their weight. The extra heft makes the bike calmer and more surefooted on the downs.

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Like!
Is there a drive side picture of this one? The bike taint from this side upsetting.

Sorry, no drive side pics

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027159
Mobile Version of Website