The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Author Message
Posted: May 13, 2019 at 8:05 Quote
Speaking of helmets, MIPS works fellas, had a few hard hits last year I should have been at least seeing stars, you can actually feel it do its thing when it happens.

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
Good to know. I just bought a new one with MIPS.

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 8:49 Quote
Technically not mine any more. While I wait for the Rootdown I passed the BigWig along to my good Homie and he had it powder coated... I think its a real killer...


Posted: May 13, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
That’s hot....

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 9:36 Quote
GiantMan7 wrote:
mayo-22 wrote:

Haha, I drive up that hill once a year for motorsport in the UK, its gnarly as hell...

If anyone is interested there are some videos of the hill here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_If4qdBa38&list=PLONsq_gV7pbLNoQqYGJc9vJYmkw3j72Ek

Where the hell is that??? Can’t make out the sign....

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
All I want to know is why the f*ck would anyone want to ride their bike on a road.... next to cars.....

^^^This

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 12:04 Quote
Dav82 wrote:
GiantMan7 wrote:
mayo-22 wrote:

Haha, I drive up that hill once a year for motorsport in the UK, its gnarly as hell...

If anyone is interested there are some videos of the hill here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_If4qdBa38&list=PLONsq_gV7pbLNoQqYGJc9vJYmkw3j72Ek

Where the hell is that??? Can’t make out the sign....

First rule of motor cycling club is...

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 12:32 Quote
matther01 wrote:
Dav82 wrote:
GiantMan7 wrote:


Haha, I drive up that hill once a year for motorsport in the UK, its gnarly as hell...

If anyone is interested there are some videos of the hill here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_If4qdBa38&list=PLONsq_gV7pbLNoQqYGJc9vJYmkw3j72Ek

Where the hell is that??? Can’t make out the sign....

First rule of motor cycling club is...

Ha!!!

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 13:36 Quote
matther01 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
All I want to know is why the f*ck would anyone want to ride their bike on a road.... next to cars.....

^^^This

To get to work?

The beach?

Meet friends in town?

Somewhere where transit is insufficient (for many possible reasons)?


Not everyone has a car, either.

I commute 20km to work and avoiding roads for even most of that is nigh-on impossible, unless I want to ride between pedestrians at speed (and that's a very bad idea).

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
The-BIG-GT wrote:
matther01 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
All I want to know is why the f*ck would anyone want to ride their bike on a road.... next to cars.....

^^^This

To get to work?

The beach?

Meet friends in town?

Somewhere where transit is insufficient (for many possible reasons)?


Not everyone has a car, either.

I commute 20km to work and avoiding roads for even most of that is nigh-on impossible, unless I want to ride between pedestrians at speed (and that's a very bad idea).

No better way to drink & drive man!

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Technically not mine any more. While I wait for the Rootdown I passed the BigWig along to my good Homie and he had it powder coated... I think its a real killer...


What's the largest front ring you can fit on a Rootdown?

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 14:11 Quote
Cant a guy toss a little sarcasm salad in the mix anymore?


Rootdown ring...??? No clue.

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 18:58 Quote
reedholden wrote:

Lynskey Bootleg

I have so much fun on my Lynskey. I don't get the long hardtail thing. They don't manual and are more difficult to bunnyhop. Riding them is boring in comparison....you just sit in the middle and go down. With a tighter wheelbase, you move back and forwards over the wheels that allows you to be much more creative in how you ride the trail.

I also agree with the person who said they were getting bored with the newer geo with a straight line from the headtube to the rear axle. I used to think it was of benefit but in all honesty, where the seat sits when pushed down has more to do with clearance for cornering than does the height of the top tube.

In any case, sorry it isn't the best quality photo. Blackberry cameras suck it seems, as do my phone photography skills.

Hope I'm quoting the OP here? Curious, have you spent a good amount of time on a new Geo hardtail, one that fit and was set up how you like to make that call?

My new hardtail is so long it barely fits in the rack now! Smile (little over forked, mulleted and dropout slid all the way back) And granted it's early days, like 4 shortish rides so far. (Sat. was like Noah's Ark weather and Sun for Mom) Anyway I used to have an OnOne 456 that visually looks like the same Geo as your Lynskey. It was for sure a great bike! But I sure remember feeling over the back end on big climbs!! Maybe it wheelied better? (I'm just a hack, so I suck at wheelies) But I purposefully was popping wheelies like crazy on the new bike today and it was not an issue... (at least I didn't suck at wheelies any more than I usually do?) Jumping N jibbing like always?

Anyway, to each their own and all that. I just thought about your post while I was riding today. New frame has a longer WB and longer reach than anything I've owned. But sure didn't seem any less "playful"??? In NO way did I feel like I was just stuck going straight? Boring... NO! Different, yes. Better, sure seems like it! I guess by the end of this summer I'll have a more informed opinion! Smile

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 18:59 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Cant a guy toss a little sarcasm salad in the mix anymore?


Rootdown ring...??? No clue.

NO... Salads are fer XC bikes, not AM/FR/Enduro HT's... Smile


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.041343
Mobile Version of Website