The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: May 13, 2019 at 19:05 Quote
stiingya wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Cant a guy toss a little sarcasm salad in the mix anymore?

Rootdown ring...??? No clue.

NO... Salads are fer XC bikes, not AM/FR/Enduro HT's... Smile

And am fr enuro hts should not be on roads!!!! lol

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 21:54 Quote
Pipedream Cycles Moxie V2 in longer version... chainstay length has grown by 10mm, top tube is shorter, seat angle has been steepened at 77.5° unsagged, head tube is at 64° unsagged, wheelbase has grown. About the rear wheel clearance: "Pulling the rear tyre backwards has also opened up tyre clearance – important for all-weather riders and hardtail racers."

More here

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 22:35 Quote
I’ve found a lot of the slacker hardtails feel shit not because of geo, but because they’re built so tough they lose feel.

I’ve ridden a load of hardtails across the spectrum and will have a BTR to contribute to the debate soon. I reckon it should tick the boxes between geo, plowability and playfulness.

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 22:47 Quote
BTR Ranger is stiff and precise, very fast by all means. I'm curious how you will find it.

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 23:19 Quote
It won’t be a Ranger...

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 23:49 Quote
Dav82 wrote:
GiantMan7 wrote:
mayo-22 wrote:

Haha, I drive up that hill once a year for motorsport in the UK, its gnarly as hell...

If anyone is interested there are some videos of the hill here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_If4qdBa38&list=PLONsq_gV7pbLNoQqYGJc9vJYmkw3j72Ek

Where the hell is that??? Can’t make out the sign....

If it's where I think it is then it's my neck of the woods, North Cornish coast near Portreath. Yes it is gnarly as f*ck.

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 2:34 Quote
Dav82 wrote:
GiantMan7 wrote:
mayo-22 wrote:

Haha, I drive up that hill once a year for motorsport in the UK, its gnarly as hell...

If anyone is interested there are some videos of the hill here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_If4qdBa38&list=PLONsq_gV7pbLNoQqYGJc9vJYmkw3j72Ek

Where the hell is that??? Can’t make out the sign....

The sign is for The Motor Cycling Club who actually own this area of land, it is Blue Hills, deep in Cornwall

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 4:03 Quote
No wonder I didn’t recognise it! Too far from me. Looks rowdy!!

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 6:58 Quote
heinous wrote:
I’ve found a lot of the slacker hardtails feel shit not because of geo, but because they’re built so tough they lose feel.

I’ve ridden a load of hardtails across the spectrum and will have a BTR to contribute to the debate soon. I reckon it should tick the boxes between geo, plowability and playfulness.

I can relate to all the positions here, but overall like burly slacker hardtails best. Yes, there are times when a tighter cockpit can feel kinda nice, even a higher bb, but the more I ride more aggressive hardtails the better I ride and the more terrain feels opened up to me. Steeps on a slacker lower bike: there's no comparison. Steep climbs I have more success with cause I'm not popping wheelies. Pedalling on flat or riding easier flowy stuff is a bit more dead, but not a problem. Slower nit-picky riding is maybe a bit more work, but no way I'm building a bike for that. But high speeds, scary stuff, drops all work out better for me on a bigger bike and those are the areas when I want the help, haha.

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
JesseE wrote:
heinous wrote:

I can relate to all the positions here, but overall like burly slacker hardtails best. Yes, there are times when a tighter cockpit can feel kinda nice, even a higher bb, but the more I ride more aggressive hardtails the better I ride and the more terrain feels opened up to me. Steeps on a slacker lower bike: there's no comparison. Steep climbs I have more success with cause I'm not popping wheelies. Pedalling on flat or riding easier flowy stuff is a bit more dead, but not a problem. Slower nit-picky riding is maybe a bit more work, but no way I'm building a bike for that. But high speeds, scary stuff, drops all work out better for me on a bigger bike and those are the areas when I want the help, haha.

Well said!

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
Who is the builder of this frame????

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 8:22 Quote
CamShreds wrote:
JesseE wrote:
heinous wrote:

Well said!

Thanks!

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 8:53 Quote
slaker wrote:
RedOctober wrote:
Who is the builder of this frame????

Him

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 9:49 Quote
wrote:

This is what I am finding with my XL Murmur. The geo gives you more space and time to get loose.

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
wrote:
fartymarty wrote:

This is what I am finding with my XL Murmur. The geo gives you more space and time to get loose.

I never thought the biggest hardtail I've ever owned would get around tight switchbacks the best.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019635
Mobile Version of Website