The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: May 26, 2019 at 14:59 Quote
JesseE wrote:
Thanks again folks! Positive feedback from this group is huge haha.

I took it out and the wheels track so nice and the hubs & tires roll so good. Big improvement. Plus, they're shiny

Yeah, cables aren't a dream come true, especially the dropper. Really want the chrome chainring too.

Lastly, size large.

Polished cheap ally ring rather than wolftooth SS tup ..

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
wrote:
fartymarty wrote:
im such a nerd for Chrome. Been ogling these like a dork since Privateer finished them off in I think March haha

You should polish the rims.

I looked at Chrome rims for ages, but wasn't sold on velocity which are heavy and expensive and I've never used them. I think the hubs are what do it for me, but a set of White Bros cranks almost became a reality but the dad in me put a stop to it. And the price of shipping didn't help.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 18:55 Quote
I have chrome velocity rims on chrome hope with silver spokes on my rigid hardtail. It is very retro looking but I don't think it works very well on more modern bikes. I'd leave it at chrome hubs +/- spokes. Nice looking bike.

The green monster demonstrates great commitment but maybe not the best judgement?

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 19:59 Quote
I was going to go high polish Paul Comps with stainless spokes on my new build (post it next week hopefully) but ended up opting all black given it was getting hard to match shades of silver on the build.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 20:42 Quote
Hard to find a 29’r silver rim... c’mon Spank bring’m back!

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 21:55 Quote
Oven cleaner is cheap! I nearly polished some DT’s

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 22:01 Quote
heinous wrote:

Problem is they will corrode and you will need to Polish them once again. Proper chrome rims are clear coated.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 22:02 Quote
It’s easy to clear (or clear ano) a disc brake rim though

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 22:29 Quote
RedOctober wrote:

This looks much more in proportion than the plus sized one a few pages back....

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 23:53 Quote
Jesse, you just need a set of eewings....

The black and chrome look sweet.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 4:25 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
Jesse, you just need a set of eewings....

The black and chrome look sweet.

I think white industries work would look ideal, but ees on the ti frame would br dreamy. if only I had the cash laying around

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 6:48 Quote
heinous wrote:

Oh I know, and almost bought some red ones last week for just such a project... the strip part would be a slight pain due to size and they'd be dull raw......... and I really don’t feel like buffing out two rims.....

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 7:08 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Seriously, their whole range used to come polished, I as actually thinking of doing their wheels bars/stem, but alas, just black and zany colours.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 7:21 Quote
JesseE wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Seriously, their whole range used to come polished, I as actually thinking of doing their wheels bars/stem, but alas, just black and zany colours.

Velocity do polished. Review on NSMB in the last few days.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 7:23 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
JesseE wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Velocity do polished. Review on NSMB in the last few days.

They're like 30$ or more / rim for the shiny ones and they don't start cheap (or light).

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028892
Mobile Version of Website