The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
Dav82 wrote:
@sherbet Agreed. Definitely spoiled on here and if I’m honest I’ve never seen them in the wild, common comment was thread related only. I kinda wish eewings were a limited run though just to make extra rare.

When I bought in, they were suppose to be. They sold enough aftermarket that they lowered the price and went full production. Arg.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Shrug. I got a set.

Yes, but you frame cost more than your cranks which imo is natural.
From what I have seen most eewing owners have spent more on their cranks than their frame, this just seems a little upside down. Am I wrong? Confused

On that red Stanton everything costs more than the frame itself... the frame is really the last thing to worry about...

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Dav82 wrote:
@sherbet Agreed. Definitely spoiled on here and if I’m honest I’ve never seen them in the wild, common comment was thread related only. I kinda wish eewings were a limited run though just to make extra rare.

When I bought in, they were suppose to be. They sold enough aftermarket that they lowered the price and went full production. Arg.

Ahh man I’d be pissed at that!

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
That is why any of my bikes will never make this thread. I am too cheap to buy bling parts cause I will just beat the hell out of them.[/Quote]

I'm in your club as well. At least we have the "Rat Bike", "Aggressive HT" and "Steel is Real" threads for hard ridden beaten up bikes.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 13:31 Quote
Dav82 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Dav82 wrote:

Ahh man I’d be pissed at that!

Nah, new it would happen if people bought in. I'm glad they went full production. Fuck yeah CaneCreek!

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
slaker wrote:
I would run them for the performance "lightweight"' "stiffness" If I had the extra money, they wouldn't be very sexy after a few months unless bashed up and scratched is considered sexy.

Scratched & beat is the best look on any MTB frame or kit - makes me wonder how many Eewings actually get ridden in anger

I would be paranoid about f*cking them up every ride, rock gardens & granite boulders here. Can't justify them

Anyone know if you can get boots for them? Yes, detracts from looks ..but

Have you seen the abuse the eeWings take in their video?

All mountain systems (AMS) do crank boots that fit them. I've invested in a pair (as with every other cranks I've owned).

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 14:07 Quote
matther01 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
slaker wrote:
I would run them for the performance "lightweight"' "stiffness" If I had the extra money, they wouldn't be very sexy after a few months unless bashed up and scratched is considered sexy.

Scratched & beat is the best look on any MTB frame or kit - makes me wonder how many Eewings actually get ridden in anger

I would be paranoid about f*cking them up every ride, rock gardens & granite boulders here. Can't justify them

Have you seen the abuse the eeWings take in their video?

All mountain systems (AMS) do crank boots that fit them. I've invested in a pair (as with every other cranks I've owned).

No, not seen that , will check ! Regularly Balance bike & myself on rocks coz am rubbish - boots = cool

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 14:14 Quote
I do believe that there pretty badass cranks, like I said I would splurge at impulse if I was feeling flush, would feel better about the Ewing's than a carbon set.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 14:31 Quote
I've chunked mine on a few logs that I need to brush out. No marks. None. No rocks yet though...

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 14:37 Quote
slaker wrote:
I do believe that there pretty badass cranks, like I said I would splurge at impulse if I was feeling flush, would feel better about the Ewing's than a carbon set.

This

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
slaker wrote:

I’ve run my eewings thru the paces, rock gardens, pedals strikes. They’ve taken a beating and aside for a few small scratches at the crank arm tips...they’re good as new. Especially if I ever polish them dings out. Not all eewing owners are dentist. Some of us actually ride our bikes and beat the snot out of them.

Disclaimer: I didn’t pay full price for them, but would after my experience with them.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 16:41 Quote
As far the weight of your bike; just about everyone can afford to lose 15lbs off their body..... Way cheaper than getting a 15 lb lighter bike lol. So, until you're sitting at 11% bodyfat, earn your way to a lighter bike by getting a lighter physique first.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 19:06 Quote
Sorry but just don't see why there is so much love for EEwings they look mediocre at best to me my2 cents

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 22:24 Quote

This is very very nice! Seems like he’s lowered the arc of his top tube recently, looks all the better for it!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.039486
Mobile Version of Website