The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 22:53 Quote
Atlas raceface cranks 9 years use on 3 different bikes minimal service a wipe down if they are muddy and they still look like new and look a whole lot better than eewings

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 23:18 Quote
Yeah... XT and XTR are the same... I looked at EE but couldn't swallow 3x the price of my XTR cranks. I know they are sexy, but I couldn't find the value for how much they cost.. Litterally built my entire hardtail for less than MSRP of EE..

I have a pair of XT cranks that had probably 10k miles.. Been on 4 different enduro/trail bikes, a cx/gravel bike, a DH bike and 2 DJ bikes.... I finally bent the spindle by 50/50 casing a 30ft gap on my DJ bike... I definitely got my use out of them and have a really hard time justifying Uber expensive Ti over other stuff that works so well for a fraction of the price......

But I also get that this isn't "The Most Reasonable and Modest Hardtail" thread.. And you have to throw down coin to play the bleeding edge tech and sleak and sexy game. I just am too practical for that game.. I do enjoy the views though.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 6:53 Quote
heinous wrote:
Things like King headsets, hubs and ee’s Get bashed a bit because lots of the people who can afford them don’t use them hard, but it’s also true that for a lot of us, they’re a great investment exactly because they do last so well, take minimal service and while it’s more upfront $ it shakes out in the end and is a better experience throughout, not having to worry about constant service.

I have king hubs, which have been running regularly since summer 2015. I recently had them in cause there was an issue with drag and it turned out a piece inside was messed up, so CK without question sent me a whole wack of replacement parts beyond what I needed and a bottle of their lube without charge or receipt now they are running brand new and no doubt I'll be able to run them for years more. Even the stainless steel diver is pretty much flawless after multiple cassettes. Sure, there are cheaper hubs, but my hopes etc. in the past never lasted this long or worked as nicely, so they seem worth the investment, at least the rear hub. I've never had any headset fail, so not that was worth the money, but they look pretty to me. I'm also not a dentist.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 12:15 Quote
So maybe off topic but mayos been pretty quiet lately?? Dude ok??

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
Dav82 wrote:

Probably fine, taking a break, vacation, or oddly riding his bike

It can happen when you post a shit ton of bikes & finally get bored (that outta do it! :lolSmile

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 13:47 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Dav82 wrote:

Probably fine, taking a break, vacation, or oddly riding his bike

It can happen when you post a shit ton of bikes & finally get bored (that outta do it! :lolSmile

Yeh probably one of those. Just looked back and it’s only been a bit over 2 weeks!lol! Just used to him constantly posted loads of bikes!!

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
Looks great with the Pike.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 10:07 Quote
That is sweet! Is that a 29" front with a 650b+ rear?

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 10:27 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
It appears to be a mixed wheel bike, unless its an illusion.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 10:34 Quote
slaker wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
It appears to be a mixed wheel bike, unless its an illusion.

Yes, that's what I thought.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 18:44 Quote
Dunno but f damn maane! I would!

Be a surefire riot

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 18:53 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Dunno but f damn maane! I would!

Be a surefire riot

Come on man, make some sense!

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 18:55 Quote
Come on mane! I’ve been on special brew all night, not your bud light shite

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025051
Mobile Version of Website