The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 21:51 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
Fuse

Dam nice build!
Checked to see if you can go frame only. Only in the states, 800usd!! Bit over £600.....yikes!!!

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 23:06 Quote
That fuse looks great, love the frame colour.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 23:41 Quote
If they just gave it a little bit of the Evo geometry it would be a winner. I'm not a fan of the big S but their current bikes do look nice.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 5:17 Quote
MBUK steel hardtail shootout...

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 5:41 Quote
That's 4 pretty nice hardtails! Sounds like the BTR won the review.

Pending courier, I'm hoping to be building my BTR tomorrow. All the excites.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 5:52 Quote
Dav82 wrote:
RedOctober wrote:
Fuse

Dam nice build!
Checked to see if you can go frame only. Only in the states, 800usd!! Bit over £600.....yikes!!!

I do not like it sam I am... The seatpost size is such a sham.... I cannot pay a premium... for frame made of aluminum...

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 6:08 Quote
But it probably is the nicest looking aluminium hardtail you can buy today...

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:

I think the Commie is better in every way. If you want it clean looking a quick logo raw and you’re off....

Specialfries is trying, I’ll give them that. Its nice, but honestly the numbers aren't that good and again with a strange sized something. Some of the best riding bikes I’ve had over the years were special, but always pissed me off the lengths I had to go to in order to attach a non stock part.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 6:49 Quote
stefanroussev wrote:
RedOctober wrote:
Fuse

Damn so clean. Drool Drool Drool

Sex Approved

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 7:10 Quote
This specialized kinda surprised me! Looks nice. I mean, it can't hold a candle to a steel frame, but considering its a specialized, better than I would ever have expected.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 7:48 Quote
$800 seems a lot for an alloy frame... I mean the Ragley, Commencal or Dartmoor alloy frames are all a lot cheaper (although they don't have sliding dropouts).

I mean that frame or a Honzo or a Ragley and a decent chuck of change or a Pipedream Moxie, Taiwan built Chromag, Cotic, Pace, etc...

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 8:17 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:

I think the Commie is better in every way. If you want it clean looking a quick logo raw and you’re off....

Specialfries is trying, I’ll give them that. Its nice, but honestly the numbers aren't that good and again with a strange sized something. Some of the best riding bikes I’ve had over the years were special, but always pissed me off the lengths I had to go to in order to attach a non stock part.

I’m a little bit shocked that pyro said something nice about an alloy frame!
@ster. I get you with the commie, it’s a good looking frame but the sizing on the spesh is a bit better in my opinion. Slightly longer reach and lower seattubes. The frame only price is ridiculous compared to what’s available though.

Is the mbuk test comparing frames only? Always wondered how it can be judged equally when the built bikes aren’t using the same parts?

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
Its funny though that they have such a low seat tube, and then spec it with a 34.9 100mm dropper? Lame. Good luck selling that off to get a real dropper that actually makes use of the low tube. They should have stuck with 31.6 and shaved a few hundred bucks off the frame only. It would be a decent build for flowy smooth trails like in the video but if you did want to toss 140 up front again, the seat tube angle gets slacker than I’d want from something listed as progressive. If it came in around 65’ up front and 76’ seat tube it would have been something to consider that stood out a bit from the alloy pack, but in my opinion it falls shy of anything tremendously different than other options mentioned above at twice the price.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017788
Mobile Version of Website