The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Author Message
Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 15:36 Quote
JesseE wrote:
wythall1 wrote:

This is sweet!

The bike shop is putting my black one together as we speak!

Ok, it's 2hrs later now ..pics?

lol

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 17:07 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
I look forward to seeing the black one JesseE! tup

me too, haha . They seem to be delayed...

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 17:16 Quote
JesseE wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
I look forward to seeing the black one JesseE! tup

me too, haha . They seem to be delayed...
Ahh, delayed gratification.....

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 18:07 Quote
Man, you guys are fast. I was scared to post my raw ti middle child here, but im glad it met the criteria. I built it for riding, but it definitely turned out looking great too.

It's a super fun bike. Thanks for deeming it worthy of this thread.


Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 23:10 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I like lots

And lots. Sweet build - good work.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 4:53 Quote
Bigblob123 wrote:
yeh I had an orange crush before moving onto a production privee shan. never going back to an alu hardtail after feeling the difference

I was the same. Crush to Cotic Soul. Night and day difference. Steel or Ti everytime for a HT now.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 6:40 Quote
hardtailparty wrote:
Man, you guys are fast. I was scared to post my raw ti middle child here, but im glad it met the criteria. I built it for riding, but it definitely turned out looking great too.

It's a super fun bike. Thanks for deeming it worthy of this thread.


You should definitely be scared to post your own bike here. Tough crowd!

Looks dope with that fork!

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
Rookie hardtail question...if you were to buy a budget hardtail frame what would you go with? CRC has some great deals on AL frames. Or would you spend a little more and go steel? 27.5 preferred. This will be my first time building up a hardtail. Not looking to spend a lot, just looking for a winter bike and occasional dirt jumper.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 7:13 Quote
look at on-one. cheap steel hardtails. meant to be well made

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 7:15 Quote
jkelm wrote:
Rookie hardtail question...if you were to buy a budget hardtail frame what would you go with? CRC has some great deals on AL frames. Or would you spend a little more and go steel? 27.5 preferred. This will be my first time building up a hardtail. Not looking to spend a lot, just looking for a winter bike and occasional dirt jumper.

Alu frames are gonna be the most budget friendly, but depending on the brand may ride a little harsh. I think Alu is great for jumpbikes, but for a bike you're gonna be pedalling over rough ground, you may want to get some good sized rubber on there and a good saddle, cause if you get a cheap/poorly designed/super burly alu hardtail with skinnier tires your back may not appreciate it. In the end, though, if this bike is being ridden for a few sloppy months a year, I doubt any new decent alu hardtail is gonna make you hate your life, plus, being alu it won't get rusty!

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 7:40 Quote
I’d spend a fraction more for steel, the ride is worth it. On one, ragley, NS and Kona are probably cheaper and also able to be found second hand.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 8:12 Quote
What about a Production Privee? Not exactly expensive and they are supposed to be really nice

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
my privee shan 27 is fantastic. and you will get comments all the time about how nice they look Smile


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023781
Mobile Version of Website