The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 19:22 Quote
Bike polo, anyone?

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 19:37 Quote
Kill it with FIRE.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 20:14 Quote
that is so ugly it makes me want to kill myself

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 21:21 Quote
I would ride the one with the drop bars and wider tires on gravel or paved paths actually. Obviously it’s posted on the wrong tread but I like the looks. No dropper as well please.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 22:07 Quote
I wouldn't ride it at all., I only ride gravel to get to the trail.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 22:21 Quote
heinous wrote:
I’ve built a lot of Moots. Never seen a bad weld. If you build a few of the others you invariably have some where you’re glad it’s not your bike - blem welds that once you see you’ll forever think about.

They’ve managed to turn that quality in to a scaleable system and trainable method and still make a profit.

As far as I heard, Moots do two welding passes. One to join the tubes and give strength and then a second pass purely for aesthetics. So it's no wonder those things look like they do.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 23:25 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
heinous wrote:
I’ve built a lot of Moots. Never seen a bad weld. If you build a few of the others you invariably have some where you’re glad it’s not your bike - blem welds that once you see you’ll forever think about.

They’ve managed to turn that quality in to a scaleable system and trainable method and still make a profit.

As far as I heard, Moots do two welding passes. One to join the tubes and give strength and then a second pass purely for aesthetics. So it's no wonder those things look like they do.

I remember the disappointment of buying my first Ti frame (made in Taiwan) and looking at the welds with buyers remorse. Broke it about a year later.

My Lynskey has near moots level welds and I vowed never to buy overseas Ti again.

Lynskey Bootleg Frame Welds

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 0:56 Quote
Deffo nowhere near a Moots but okish :-)

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 3:41 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
heinous wrote:

It's harder than you think - that Sage built by Lynskey is double pass. I've built a load of other stupid expensive Ti bikes and it's not uncommon to find them with poor welds, especially under the BB shell.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 4:26 Quote

This is one of my the top 3 bikes from this year... if he wouldn't been complicated the front with that cockpit, it would have been number one, for me...

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 7:33 Quote
slaker wrote:
I wouldn't ride it at all., I only ride gravel to get to the trail.

I don't get the gravel trend. Seems like even more annoying road riding. I know some dudes that can hang on gravel bikes on real trails, but that doesn't mean I'll ever get it. No way it's more "fun" on dropbars with shit brakes, and riding flat gravely dustry roads on a bike doesn't seem like more fun than riding on trails.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 7:36 Quote
reedholden wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:
heinous wrote:

I remember the disappointment of buying my first Ti frame (made in Taiwan) and looking at the welds with buyers remorse. Broke it about a year later.

My Lynskey has near moots level welds and I vowed never to buy overseas Ti again.

I don't think I'm gonna have 2-3 times more fun on a bike with prettier welds, but if I had more money for frames it would be nice to have moots level ti. My ti frame was delayed by the factory and now by the bikeshop, so I'm not even sure I'll ride it till August now as I"m leaving on vacation. Frown

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 7:39 Quote
pvd666 wrote:
All mountain gravel

http://www.peterverdone.com/bi-planes-are-the-future/
http://www.peterverdone.com/airspeeder/

Why in the actual f*ck do you think these belong in this thread? I mean i knew you were delusional, but come on.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 7:41 Quote
yeah, I feel dirty even posting about it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021314
Mobile Version of Website