The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
@ jesseE yeah you can't go wrong with helms and ti. But don't know know if you thought that these were helms or if you were just saying..
But I like the helm so much I paint my olhins roughly the same colour Smile

@riyadh these are 1st gen olhins 36rxf coils, I picked them up 2nd hand, changed the seals new oil, the tool to change travel and a heavier spring in.

They're pretty awesome, coming off a pair of pikes these make them pikes feel harsh. The grip is really good, I would say that they seem to dive if you look at them, but when pushing hard into corners you don't notice it at all until you look at the travel ring. I actually really like them and a pretty set and forget fork.

My only problem is running a 29x2.6 tyre I have no room for a mudguard.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 11:16 Quote
dagzin wrote:
@ jesseE yeah you can't go wrong with helms and ti. But don't know know if you thought that these were helms or if you were just saying..

@riyadh these are 1st gen olhins 36rxf coils, I picked them up 2nd hand, changed the seals new oil, the tool to change travel and a heavier spring in.

They're pretty awesome, coming off a pair of pikes these make them pikes feel harsh. The grip is really good, I would say that they seem to dive if you look at them, but when pushing hard into corners you don't notice it at all until you look at the travel ring. I actually really like them and a pretty set and forget fork.

very good description...the Ohlins are a great plush fork. I found that hey sacrifice a little mid stroke support, but the feel is pretty damned good. The Helms are pretty stiff and hold a lot of support through the entire stroke. suspension these days is so good compared to the days when all that was out was a Marzocchi Z1.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 12:09 Quote
ledude wrote:
dagzin wrote:

very good description...the Ohlins are a great plush fork. I found that hey sacrifice a little mid stroke support, but the feel is pretty damned good. The Helms are pretty stiff and hold a lot of support through the entire stroke. suspension these days is so good compared to the days when all that was out was a Marzocchi Z1.

Yes, they are very plush, My buddy landed nose heavy and hard and that forked dived in slow motion, just past halfway thru, you could see it slowing down and working its way to send him upwards. Was a very touchy moment, I will never forget as this was off a huge jump.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 12:15 Quote
ledude wrote:
dagzin wrote:

Yeah your right about the mid stroke that's way I went for a heavier spring. I like to run 15-18-20max sag.

Best fork I had was a marzocchi 55cr

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 12:39 Quote
dagzin wrote:
ledude wrote:
dagzin wrote:

Yeah your right about the mid stroke that's way I went for a heavier spring. I like to run 15-18-20max sag.

Best fork I had was a marzocchi 55cr

I also had a 55cr, was the a very very very good fork. I am currently on a DVO Diamond and I love it even more than the 55cr

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
heinous wrote:
Those Myth LoMoto's are really speaking to me... and I'm in CO for work early next year.

Moonriser ti bars from Moonmen are sweet too ..just saying

http://www.moonmenbikes.com/shop/moonriser-bar

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 15:50 Quote
Yeah. I’ve got a Thomson bar back in NZ I’ll bring over for my BTR next time I’m home. I’m one of those flat bar people.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 22:15 Quote
dagzin wrote:

I had the same problem with the btr and I found this mudguard https://muckynutz.com/fenders/gut_fender/gut_fender_black

It work ok, you can take it out and put it back very quickly, somehow more practical than the front mudguard... as you can clean your bike very easy at the end of the day with this one ...

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 0:01 Quote
Good find Big Grin

What I'm looking for is the muddy nuts type fender, but longer like the mudhugger. It need the be bent slightly so it follows the contours of the tyre and not stick straight out.

Think i may have to make one.Smile Smile

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 1:10 Quote
dagzin wrote:
Good find Big Grin

What I'm looking for is the muddy nuts type fender, but longer like the mudhugger. It need the be bent slightly so it follows the contours of the tyre and not stick straight out.

Think i may have to make one.Smile Smile

I ended up using a Mudhugger and took a little off the front so it would work with a 2.6 SE5. The arch on my Pikes is pretty tight but it seemed to do the trick.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 4:42 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
heinous wrote:
Those Myth LoMoto's are really speaking to me... and I'm in CO for work early next year.

Moonriser ti bars from Moonmen are sweet too ..just saying

http://www.moonmenbikes.com/shop/moonriser-bar

A damn fine contender

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 7:13 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
$395? Sheeesh

The chromo ones are $250...

That is insane.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 7:26 Quote
Dang you guys are quick. You found my Myth minutes after I posted it.

To those wondering about weight, the LoMoTo bars are:
Steel: 595g
Titanium: 411g

And if you want shipping quotes to anywhere outside the USA, just shoot me a message through the contact page on the Myth site with your address, and I'll get back to you.

Thanks for the love, there are a lot of hot bikes in this thread!

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 7:42 Quote
Erichimedes wrote:
Dang you guys are quick. You found my Myth minutes after I posted it.

To those wondering about weight, the LoMoTo bars are:
Steel: 595g
Titanium: 411g

And if you want shipping quotes to anywhere outside the USA, just shoot me a message through the contact page on the Myth site with your address, and I'll get back to you.

Thanks for the love, there are a lot of hot bikes in this thread!

Your bikes and bars are to die for.

You have reached out to me on steel is real on facebook, I'm still trying to get an answer from customs, in the UK.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030929
Mobile Version of Website