The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 0:32 Quote
I know that we have seen it before, but for those who have forgotten.......

photo

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 0:52 Quote
Excellent crank and bashguard combination.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 5:10 Quote
[Quote="pyromaniac"]
sterlingmagnum wrote:
And now a sexy bike:
photo

Can we please recap on this lil lovely

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 6:23 Quote
[Quote="titaniumtit"]
pyromaniac wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
And now a sexy bike:
photo

nicest this year so far

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 8:46 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
slaker wrote:
Probably not the thread to be asking but just out of curiosity, if you move your seat forward does it affect climbing in a positive way as in using it to counter slack sta or does the actual sta have to be steeper to make climbing nicer?

Sorta ... it does calm it, but not quite the same....I have been on the rootdown for a couple months now with a 77 STA and I will say all the hardtails should have one. Power over cranks is insanely efficient. Riding posture is super comfortable on steeps and you can just power up switchbacks like a goat. I love this damn thing.

It's worth mentioning that the rootdown has a curved seattube, so it's going to ride a little slacker than the geometry numbers suggest, depending on the pedaling height. Most hardtails have a straight seattube. It makes a considerable difference.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 9:24 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
photo
photo

Yes!

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
slaker wrote:
Probably not the thread to be asking but just out of curiosity, if you move your seat forward does it affect climbing in a positive way as in using it to counter slack sta or does the actual sta have to be steeper to make climbing nicer?

Sorta ... it does calm it, but not quite the same....I have been on the rootdown for a couple months now with a 77 STA and I will say all the hardtails should have one. Power over cranks is insanely efficient. Riding posture is super comfortable on steeps and you can just power up switchbacks like a goat. I love this damn thing.

It's worth mentioning that the rootdown has a curved seattube, so it's going to ride a little slacker than the geometry numbers suggest, depending on the pedaling height. Most hardtails have a straight seattube. It makes a considerable difference.

If a bike has a bent seattube it should have a non effective seattube measurement and effective seat tube measurement. If it does not on the print than somebody is missing some info.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 20:07 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

If a bike has a bent seattube it should have a non effective seattube measurement and effective seat tube measurement. If it does not on the print than somebody is missing some info.

+10000
One of my biggest peeves with geo charts. Although even that is only part of the equation since it matters where the bend is too.... but it's a start.
Almost every geo chart that only has one measurement is gonna be the effective STA

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 1:30 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
RedOctober wrote:
photo
photo

Yes!

yes, this x 2

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 9:50 Quote
[Quote="titaniumtit"]
pyromaniac wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
And now a sexy bike:
photo

75 ST here. Not sure I'd want slacker or steeper TBH

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
haven't seen this posted..hope i haven't missed it..
photo

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 17:47 Quote
Psylance wrote:
haven't seen this posted..hope i haven't missed it..
photo

Really like these frames, however I feel that the back wheel is way to close to the seat tube

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.054291
Mobile Version of Website