The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 15:38 Quote
Agreed. Nobody else is even close to Prova's level of building. And it will be a while before they are.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 15:42 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Agreed. Nobody else is even close to Prova's level of building. And it will be a while before they are.

If only there was some bad ass over in Oregon that would make me a 29er frame like that... I know there is some legend over there building DJ frames but I need a MTB version now...

lol lol

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
The Prova paint is a little too Brony for my taste but you can’t deny the build is a good one.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 20:04 Quote
Would love to put my 36 on it for the looks, but if i'm honest I almost find this D1 rides equal if not better.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 22:23 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
The Prova paint is a little too Brony for my taste but you can’t deny the build is a good one.

I'm sure he'd do you one in baby blue if you asked nicely. lol

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 23:53 Quote
... or if you pay the right price! lol

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 1:40 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:

He seems to be well regarded by the fellow builders, which is great. From what I read, he has a background in engineering and racing car industry, apart from graduating The Bicycle Academy ... looks like a brilliant mind...

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 1:47 Quote
Speaking of brilliant minds, let me present you a recent post of Peter Verdone ... it is about imperfection and wabi-sabi .. I take it as a kind of redemption from his part, and a very good description of what we are doing here...

http://www.peterverdone.com/wabi-sabi/

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 3:08 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
Speaking of brilliant minds, let me present you a recent post of Peter Verdone ... it is about imperfection and wabi-sabi .. I take it as a kind of redemption from his part, and a very good description of what we are doing here...

http://www.peterverdone.com/wabi-sabi/

Klunker appeal is real for me. Fixie love ever growing. Timeless, effortless, minimalistic joy. Purity of form & everything beautiful in-between

Unfortunately , the simplicities of hardtails are largely lost in this sexy thread (no bad thing though), sexy is a bit limiting when it comes to passion & love.. let's remember it's "enduro mountain sexy" here, so we're leaving true love outside in the cold (ok, maybe it's just me thinking this lol)

BUT it's the place where we can agree(!) on where we 'may' like to see the future of hardtails heading? I prefer the after ride banter but online has it's place, some brilliant minds reside right here, fresh & new , old & tired!! lol good people .. good times

..but I digress..

No amount of good kit can save a bad frame, no paintjob can revive tired geometry ..you know the rest

Anyway, peace out! Hardtail love forever

Going for a ride .. on a gate

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 3:10 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

This, not a fan of the paint scheme or how it combines with the colour of the fork.

Any better examples out there?

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 3:51 Quote
I would agree that the frame on that Ti Prova is beyond anything. However the build is too 'Sram' and too unimaginative for me.

Let's not forget it's about the whole package.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 4:05 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
I would agree that the frame on that Ti Prova is beyond anything. However the build is too 'Sram' and too unimaginative for me.

I find the componentry takes a back seat on the build, which I like. Raw ti fading to bright purple, with a pause on the stanchions then you get have a big hit of pike silver that ends with another flash of purple. That's enough action for me. The rest of the build is subtle high end dentist shit that doesn't scream for attention. I love it, even though the colour scheme isn't something I'd ever choose.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 4:28 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:

The crank goes well with the fork and the frame ... but I understand what you mean ... on the other hand, this reiteration of the TI frame looks better than the previous one, which had a golden chain and a stealth fork...

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 5:02 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:

He seems to be well regarded by the fellow builders, which is great. From what I read, he has a background in engineering and racing car industry, apart from graduating The Bicycle Academy ... looks like a brilliant mind...

He’s a lovely guy, it’s no wonder.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016463
Mobile Version of Website