The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
JesseE wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
NotNamed wrote:

No? Ive never said anything like that but nice straw man argument I guess? :-)

The average height is just under 180cm- there is most often no benefit in making longer bikes because the production costs will be higher than what they get back from few customers.

And I stand by my point: People of average height dont benefit in any way of long geos (maybe they understeer a bit better tough).

Nobody is arguing with you, I was asking you a question. I am 190cm and sadly shorter geo doesn't suit / fit me correctly
But on the otherside, too long does not suit me either. Cotic have now gone (what I regard as) super long and even slacker with their BFe. I had a 2018 BFe in Large. The length of the bike was perfect for me, but the 2020 would be way too long based on their geo / fitment charts.

What's long? it's all subjective. I'm just under 6feet and from all my bikes I climb the best on a bike with 465 reach and a 74deg seat angle - hardtail. I've had shorter bikes and they were way shittier on steep uphill switchbacks and I have a slightly longer full sus bike which feels like a boat around the same switchbacks. 5 years ago my bikes would have been considered off the charts huge, now my hardtail feels on the shorter side of normal.

I completely agree with you, it is subjective and I still stick with my original comment about the PP Shan GT being fairly short compared to most other brands out there today. The PP Shan GT XL frame has a reach of 451mm & the 2020 BFe XL has a reach of upto 522mm (travel dependant). The XL Shan GT sits smack centre of Cotic's BFe Small & Medium Sizes!

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 9:14 Quote
I find the new super long reaches to be very comfortable standing (and sitting if the seat tube angle is steep enough), but the problem is the wheelbases are starting to get out of control. Even my relatively steep angled and short (120/105mm) travel Phantom with a 488mm reach has a wheelbase of 1215mm...

Feels like a barge at low speeds, you really need the right terrain for them to come alive. I imagine it’s doubly true for something with slack angles and long travel.

At 6’ I’m finding a reach of 465 to be long enough for comfort and short enough for play. Wouldn’t want longer than 475 for anything other than a pure race bike.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
Does growler not have the same meaning in the US and Canada as it does in the UK? Eek

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:17 Quote
scotteh wrote:
I find the new super long reaches to be very comfortable standing (and sitting if the seat tube angle is steep enough), but the problem is the wheelbases are starting to get out of control. Even my relatively steep angled and short (120/105mm) travel Phantom with a 488mm reach has a wheelbase of 1215mm...

Feels like a barge at low speeds, you really need the right terrain for them to come alive. I imagine it’s doubly true for something with slack angles and long travel.

At 6’ I’m finding a reach of 465 to be long enough for comfort and short enough for play. Wouldn’t want longer than 475 for anything other than a pure race bike.

I'm in the same boat with my process 111. It's way better on fast wide open sections. My middle child is shorter in the back with smaller wheels and shorter reach and it is a far better performer at slow speeds - not that it's a slouch when things get moving!

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
Does growler not have the same meaning in the US and Canada as it does in the UK? Eek

No, it does not!

Here it is a large reusable glass bottle that you get filled up with beer at your local micro-brewery/off licence (liquor store).

They hold about 3 pints if you're Canadian or a Brit, or nearly 4 pints if from the US (16fl-oz 'pints').

When a friend (especially a female one!) says "I need to get my growler filled for the party" or "my growler is a bit smelly, I'll need to clean it before the weekend" it can be very difficult to not sn*gger like a (British) 12-year-old....

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:49 Quote
new rocky mountain looks like a commencal meta ht

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 13:42 Quote
This thing is really fancy, for an alu bike: https://www.bansheebikes.com/paradox-v3

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
JesseE wrote:
This thing is really fancy, for an alu bike: https://www.bansheebikes.com/paradox-v3

Paradox
Paradox

Now this I like! Big Grin

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 14:51 Quote
Reminds me of the old titus bikes

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 16:17 Quote
The-BIG-GT wrote:
OneBanana wrote:

No, it does not!

Here it is a large reusable glass bottle that you get filled up with beer at your local micro-brewery/off licence (liquor store).

They hold about 3 pints if you're Canadian or a Brit, or nearly 4 pints if from the US (16fl-oz 'pints').

When a friend (especially a female one!) says "I need to get my growler filled for the party" or "my growler is a bit smelly, I'll need to clean it before the weekend" it can be very difficult to not sn*gger like a (British) 12-year-old....

Think i just woken up neighbours lmao bigtime at that

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 16:19 Quote
Bigblob123 wrote:
new rocky mountain looks like a commencal meta ht

:/ but it looks gash no pun like! And probs too expensive for what it has fitted to it

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 22:26 Quote
RedOctober wrote:

Good looking bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018755
Mobile Version of Website