The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
That saracens nice, never known of these

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 14:04 Quote
dagzin wrote:

Saracen is a nice brand and they do nice bikes! Danny Hart rides for them and if i remember correctly he rod a Saracen Myst DH this year! but sadly yeah, isn't such a publicized brand as others are..

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 14:06 Quote
deniedway wrote:
dagzin wrote:

Saracen is a nice brand and they do nice bikes! Danny Hart rides for them and if i remember correctly he rod a Saracen Myst DH this year! but sadly yeah, isn't such a publicized brand as others are..

Nice bikes, unfortunately they are still recovering from the damage that Halfords did to their brand name over the years.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
deniedway wrote:
dagzin wrote:

Nice bikes, unfortunately they are still recovering from the damage that Halfords did to their brand name over the years.

that's true.. but I'm glad they're recovering..and they seem to do it well

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 14:11 Quote
deniedway wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
deniedway wrote:

that's true.. but I'm glad they're recovering..and they seem to do it well

tup

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
Saracen are hopefully better than they used to be with regard to tolerances. Between that & their warranties, I am out

Was a fan once, not now

But, my opinion does not matter - key word from above ^^ 'recovering'

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 21:57 Quote
Does the Ti Ribble look like a Nordest or am I just seeing things?

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 22:48 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:

Yeah maybe...but they ALL look like the very original Vendetta that was done and designed over a decade ago, when people used to say that type of (now hardcore-fun-long-slack-progressive-what else they can find) geo, wouldn’t work, that it needed to be XC rather than DJ, bla, bla...the Nordest one especially, is pure plagiarism...amongst others!

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 22:51 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:

Yes,... To me.,the Ribble looks more like a Sick. Or even like an old Ragley. Same rear stays. Obviously regarding just the looks. All very different frames

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 23:14 Quote
luca19721 wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:

Yes,... To me.,the Ribble looks more like a Sick. Or even like an old Ragley. Same rear stays. Obviously regarding just the looks. All very different frames

This. Has Brant had anything to do with design or maybe made in the same factory as the on one barf/vomit/puke frame?? Either way £1300 for a complete bike with quality steel frame seems like a good deal....

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 23:21 Quote
gbcarmona wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:

Yeah maybe...but they ALL look like the very original Vendetta that was done and designed over a decade ago, when people used to say that type of (now hardcore-fun-long-slack-progressive-what else they can find) geo, wouldn’t work, that it needed to be XC rather than DJ, bla, bla...the Nordest one especially, is pure plagiarism...amongst others!

You're right, but this is always happening ... the world is copying successful products, or solutions, for the sake of opportunity or necessity... yes, many are copying after Kingdom, BTR, etc... others have copied fire weapons after Colt or Mauser, chairs after Thonet.. I don't even know if you can call this plagiarism ...

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 4:19 Quote
Those Ribbles look nice. Listed as $1900 Canadian with a Reynolds 725 frame. Don't think there's much comparable to that.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 4:38 Quote
photo

Raw mondraker from local forum

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.037086
Mobile Version of Website