The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 2:20 Quote
The rim graphics ruin that.
But I still really love the look of those frames.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 2:54 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
The rim graphics ruin that.
But I still really love the look of those frames.

White enve decals and we're good to go

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 2:57 Quote
Or save some money by getting any other carbon rim and use the change to get some sexier cranks?

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 4:31 Quote
Ya know-I got the rims off Craigslist already stickered. I almost took them off immediately but wanted to see how it looked first. I’ve already de-stickered the Lefty fork. It IS a lotta orange...

But I LOVE the rims...

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 4:45 Quote
So you posted your own bike, right.

Tyres are too XC, ST angle is too slack, reach is too short, fork seems too long. Please do not quote the photo, thanks.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 5:04 Quote
What are the welds like ?

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 5:28 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
So you posted your own bike, right.

Tyres are too XC, ST angle is too slack, reach is too short, fork seems too long. Please do not quote the photo, thanks.

Lol, that orange mess proves the reason for the rule on page #1.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 6:27 Quote
Wow. Rough crowd, but I get it

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 6:49 Quote
How u finding the lefty

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 7:10 Quote
I may need a travel limiter. 160mm is a bit long, but wanted to ride it a few times before I made a final decision. It moves the HA from 67 to 66 degrees. But, I feel like it’s torsional stiffness is impressive. And I love the PBR. Doesn’t feel much lighter than a standard fork though.

Overall, I dig it. But the bike is a work in progress...

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
B0ssH0gg wrote:
I may need a travel limiter. 160mm is a bit long, but wanted to ride it a few times before I made a final decision. It moves the HA from 67 to 66 degrees. But, I feel like it’s torsional stiffness is impressive. And I love the PBR. Doesn’t feel much lighter than a standard fork though.

Overall, I dig it. But the bike is a work in progress...

lefty all things. though it is only a few dozen grams lighter than the modern 36s.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 12:00 Quote
The Ritchey frame and Lefty fork have some serious potential for sexiness, but not as it is. Looks way overforked (chainstays beyond horizontal, extremely slack seat tube angle), rim decals are very loud and tyre choice is suspect. There's a point where colour matching becomes too much, this build is way past it.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
justwan-naride wrote:
The Ritchey frame and Lefty fork have some serious potential for sexiness, but not as it is. Looks way overforked (chainstays beyond horizontal, extremely slack seat tube angle), rim decals are very loud and tyre choice is suspect. There's a point where colour matching becomes too much, this build is way past it.

No argument from me on the rim decals or color matching. I avoided going orange everywhere for that reason. I was suspect of the orange decals when I bought the rims off Craigslist,, but wanted to give them a chance before removing them. I haven’t taken the time to switch over my Maxxis Aggressors yet (2.4 upfront & 2.3 in the rear). The Continentals came with the rims.

The one thing I learned from this build is to be sure to understand the downstream impact of component choices. I love the Lefty Supermax 2.0, but it’s a bit long (160mm) for the riding I do and the frame. I had spoken to the Cannondale LBS about a limiter last week. The travel can be adjusted, but it may have to be Cannondale that does it. Otherwise, I’ve enjoyed the bike the 2x I’ve ridden it.

But thanks for the thoughtful, caring suggestions from everyone! Please continue with your regularly scheduled flaming...

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
Much better without the decals on the rims. However drive side pictures only. Too much bike taint showing on the non drive side. Cover that $hit up with a chainring.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017119
Mobile Version of Website