The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 5:58 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
RedOctober wrote:

He sure knows how to build a bike..simply awesome..

The guys from Vitalmtb believed the same, they chose her Bike of the Day... Wink

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 7:42 Quote
Well worth bike of the day..

Well done. =)

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
Really clean bike !

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 9:57 Quote
PatrickScar wrote:
Help pls
https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/attachments/image-asset-jpeg.914742/
I find Rebula have some nice proportions

Agreed, like the appropriately sized head tube lengths. One thing I wish I had done on my Myth was get the head tube a little longer.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 13:02 Quote
hardtailhonk wrote:
PatrickScar wrote:
Help pls
https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/attachments/image-asset-jpeg.914742/
I find Rebula have some nice proportions

Agreed, like the appropriately sized head tube lengths. One thing I wish I had done on my Myth was get the head tube a little longer.

This has also been a recent realization for me as well. Long head tubes = good

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 14:03 Quote
Ti & XTR, dang, so nice.

As for headtubes, it really depends on the fork and head angle. If it's not that slack and the fork is over a 120, I want that thing short as I like riding a bit low in the front. Just rode a bike today that had a bit longer steertube and it was quite slack and "only" 130 and I appreciated the extra length, cause spacers under the stem are ugly.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
That is a pig for damn sure

Set on fire

I hate agreeing with you. Means you might have been right about something else.

Fab

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 15:49 Quote
JesseE wrote:
Ti & XTR, dang, so nice.

As for headtubes, it really depends on the fork and head angle. If it's not that slack and the fork is over a 120, I want that thing short as I like riding a bit low in the front. Just rode a bike today that had a bit longer steertube and it was quite slack and "only" 130 and I appreciated the extra length, cause spacers under the stem are ugly.

Yes definitely not universal. Certainly I'll more closely consider head angle and bar height and the effect raising bars (with spacers or risers) has on seated cockpit length and reach. I shoot always for having max flexibility in either direction; true for chainstay length and other dimensions where adjustment is possible on a finished bike. Thankfully there are lots of ways of dealing with these issues to arrive at a happy place.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 17:01 Quote
Any thoughts on the new Norco steel hardtail? I had a Niner ros9 and loved it but can't seem to find a frame in halfway decent shape, so Im thinking about building up a Torrent. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 17:22 Quote
PivotPoint1 wrote:
Any thoughts on the new Norco steel hardtail? I had a Niner ros9 and loved it but can't seem to find a frame in halfway decent shape, so Im thinking about building up a Torrent. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

I think it was several pages back the consensus was that it has external cable routing on the bottom of the downtube.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 17:34 Quote
PivotPoint1 wrote:

Looks bloody great and quite different from an ROS 9 from a geometry perspective. This one leans more towards downhill hooligan where the ROS is more all around trail bike in my opinion.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 23:37 Quote
JonDud wrote:
PivotPoint1 wrote:

I think it was several pages back the consensus was that it has external cable routing on the bottom of the downtube.

Nothing wrong with that

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 5:00 Quote
PivotPoint1 wrote:

I don’t understand why they don’t make the BB lower. It seems like there are several hardtail frames that have come out with 29x2.6 tires that still have the same BB drop as when 29x2.3 was the norm. I want it loooooow. If you look at the geometry for many full suspension all mountain bikes, the sagged BB height is well below 300mm. Why can’t BB heights for all mountain hardtails be in the ~295mm range?

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
dagzin wrote:
JonDud wrote:
PivotPoint1 wrote:

Nothing wrong with that

FYP - Plenty wrong with that.
Cables do not belong anywhere under a MTB. These bikes see flying rocks and get shuttled on tailgates. Cables get nicked, scuffed and damaged. Just don’t put them under the bike MTB man.
I’m talking to you Chromag.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024688
Mobile Version of Website