The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 7:16 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
photo
photo

Glad to see goggles on this bike, cause going up with those tires would be friggin painful.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 13:33 Quote
PatrickScar wrote:
Well it got posted here several pages back after you posted it on mtbnews. The parts you picked are fine again but I agree with others that it's too many colours for my taste. No offence though, my 2 cents

Edit: Sorry for my short answer, I ment I saw the P7 for sale, your Moxie will probably stay with you for longer Smile

Haha yes i See the pics, Version 1 with the wrong fork. Now with the Formula Selva a lot of better, and got the beauty cap from Portus Cycles also, what will make the Cockpit a bit more calm Smile

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 22:31 Quote
JesseE wrote:
RedOctober wrote:
photo
photo

Glad to see goggles on this bike, cause going up with those tires would be friggin painful.

They are heavy but roll surprisingly well in my experience. Not scientific but I’ve out-rolled a heavier rider than me, he was on Continental Trail kings, down gravel and asphalt roads numerous times, it surprises me every time too. Physics suggest I should not be able to do that.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
hardtailhonk wrote:
JesseE wrote:
RedOctober wrote:
[P=https://scontent-icn1-1.cdn

They are heavy but roll surprisingly well in my experience. Not scientific but I’ve out-rolled a heavier rider than me, he was on Continental Trail kings, down gravel and asphalt roads numerous times, it surprises me every time too. Physics suggest I should not be able to do that.

I have a skinny 2.35 on the front of my process which rolls well up there, just assumed the back would make for some inefficient pedalling. Looks badass on yours and I'm sure shreds the crap outta the trail.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
dagzin wrote:
slaker wrote:
aribr wrote:
photo
This thing is damn hot, despite the brand's reputation...
Agreed that it is damn hot, love the gusset at down tube and head tube junction.

Thank you,...

Sexiest chainring on the market

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 5:37 Quote
jkelm wrote:
If you were going to build a "do-it-all" (winter single track, dirt jumps, etc.) hardtail, whats your build/frame/wheelsize?

I'm thinking a steel 27.5 with 120-140mm travel.

Kingdom Vendetta X2
Travel to suit your needs between 140-160.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 6:46 Quote
gbcarmona wrote:
jkelm wrote:
If you were going to build a "do-it-all" (winter single track, dirt jumps, etc.) hardtail, whats your build/frame/wheelsize?

Kingdom Vendetta X2

My RSD Middle Child is filling this role. 140mm, with 27x2.6 tires. I run knobby nics during the dry months and will run Dampfs front & back for the sloppier / snowier / shittier months. Tonnes of grip on the dampfs, but if you get a good dry day still ride like regular mtb tires as opposed to plus tires and rims which I don't really like as much. It's not the optimal winter bike in Canada, but fat bikes suck unless it's actually a nicely packed snow day. I've got a ti frame so corrosion won't be an issue, but otherwise I might look at some of the aluminum offerings, cause I generally like shoving my bike in a shed post-winter rides and don't want worry about maintenance.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
My RSD Middle Child is filling this role. 140mm [/Quote]

I was about to get a frame for a winter bike (Alberta), but RSD has really low stock on these. The preorders for 2020 just showed up on their site, but it's ~March delivery. Now what? Ti is too much for a winter/rat bike combo.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
aciddrop wrote:
My RSD Middle Child is filling this role. 140mm

I was about to get a frame for a winter bike (Alberta), but RSD has really low stock on these. The preorders for 2020 just showed up on their site, but it's ~March delivery. Now what? Ti is too much for a winter/rat bike combo.[/Quote]

Just find any cheap hardtail on the buysell that fits your need, last couple years my winter beater has been an old 26 Ragley Piglet I bought off ebay with a mullered seat tube (it has a hole in it somehow) for like 12 bucks. That's paired with mismatched wheels, mismatched brakes, chinesium motocross bars and a wide ratio 8 speed setup, it's literally parts I paid no more than 15 for and it's the best beater I've owned. I dubbed it the Hobo Rocket

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 8:19 Quote
Pics of the mx copy bars hoborat

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 8:46 Quote
ratcat wrote:
aciddrop wrote:
My RSD Middle Child is filling this role. 140mm

I was about to get a frame for a winter bike (Alberta), but RSD has really low stock on these. The preorders for 2020 just showed up on their site, but it's ~March delivery. Now what? Ti is too much for a winter/rat bike combo.

Just find any cheap hardtail on the buysell that fits your need, last couple years my winter beater has been an old 26 Ragley Piglet I bought off ebay with a mullered seat tube (it has a hole in it somehow) for like 12 bucks. That's paired with mismatched wheels, mismatched brakes, chinesium motocross bars and a wide ratio 8 speed setup, it's literally parts I paid no more than 15 for and it's the best beater I've owned. I dubbed it the Hobo Rocket[/Quote]

Do you follow the All mountain rat bike thread? We need photos if not already.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 10:16 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Pics of the mx copy bars hoborat

We're still waiting on photos of your Curtis. Even "crappy iPhone" pictures Big Grin

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 12:03 Quote
matther01 wrote:
dagzin wrote:
slaker wrote:
Agreed that it is damn hot, love the gusset at down tube and head tube junction.

Thank you,...

Sexiest chainring on the market

Works components... 23.99 odd off ebay bargain.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 22:12 Quote
JesseE wrote:
gbcarmona wrote:
jkelm wrote:

Kingdom Vendetta X2

My RSD Middle Child is filling this role. 140mm, with 27x2.6 tires. I run knobby nics during the dry months and will run Dampfs front & back for the sloppier / snowier / shittier months. Tonnes of grip on the dampfs, but if you get a good dry day still ride like regular mtb tires as opposed to plus tires and rims which I don't really like as much. It's not the optimal winter bike in Canada, but fat bikes suck unless it's actually a nicely packed snow day. I've got a ti frame so corrosion won't be an issue, but otherwise I might look at some of the aluminum offerings, cause I generally like shoving my bike in a shed post-winter rides and don't want worry about maintenance.

I just got a Marin San Quentin, and it's a nice little do it all short travel ht imo. Maybe check that out as well.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 23:50 Quote
heyo, sorry if its the wrong thread, but do any of you actually ride hardtails exclusively? thinking of building one up to do everything and a few races with, thanks! any tips welcome

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.045206
Mobile Version of Website