The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 23:55 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
heyo, sorry if its the wrong thread, but do any of you actually ride hardtails exclusively? thinking of building one up to do everything and a few races with, thanks! any tips welcome

You probably want to visit the aggro HT thread for more general discussion dude Wink
https://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=112056

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 23:57 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:
heyo, sorry if its the wrong thread, but do any of you actually ride hardtails exclusively? thinking of building one up to do everything and a few races with, thanks! any tips welcome

You probably want to visit the aggro HT thread for more general discussion dude Wink

thx my dude

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 4:06 Quote
RedOctober wrote:

This one was stolen a week ago, from Hebden Bridge. Frown

Yup and surfaced on a selling site along with the Santa Cruz. Despite a contact number the police apparently don't have enough evidence to search the premises!

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 7:54 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
OneBanana wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:

thx my dude
Hard tails exclusively for 5 decades here.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 8:34 Quote
I hope it's ok to put this one here...

OneBanana wrote:
Marino HT
Marino HT
Marino HT
Marino HT

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 8:42 Quote
theboydonald wrote:
Yup and surfaced on a selling site along with the Santa Cruz. Despite a contact number the police apparently don't have enough evidence to search the premises!

what?! Criminals have the balls to sell stolen bikes online? LMAO. what a world.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 8:59 Quote
JonDud wrote:
theboydonald wrote:

what?! Criminals have the balls to sell stolen bikes online? LMAO. what a world.

The point was that the authorities are shite at getting on with their job role

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 6:01 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
I hope it's ok to put this one here...

Sure. Now let's wait for JesseE complaining that there's no suspension fork on that bike Big Grin

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
Just finished building this up. Last gen Cotic BFe with most of the parts from my Propain plus some new wheels and 11sp XT.Amazing that I'm OK on it being 6'5" tall and this being so small for a large.

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 22:22 Quote
wilkij1975 wrote:
Just finished building this up. Last gen Cotic BFe with most of the parts from my Propain plus some new wheels and 11sp XT.Amazing that I'm OK on it being 6'5" tall and this being so small for a large.

I'm 6'7", booked on a demo of an XL Bfe this Saturday. Should be fun.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 4:15 Quote
Dimebolt22b wrote:
wilkij1975 wrote:

You'll be fine, the new XL BFe is a tandem with one seat! lol

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 9:09 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
Dimebolt22b wrote:
wilkij1975 wrote:

Yeah I looked at the figures for that and it looks too long for me. This fit fine for length and reach it’s just got a short seat tube so looks a touch too small for me.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
wilkij1975 wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
Dimebolt22b wrote:

Yeah I looked at the figures for that and it looks too long for me. This fit fine for length and reach it’s just got a short seat tube so looks a touch too small for me.

My '18 gen5 was a large, but is now somewhere between the medium and large in the 2020 range. My friend rode a Large at Steel is Real, they are enormous!

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
I
wythall1 wrote:
wilkij1975 wrote:
wythall1 wrote:

My '18 gen5 was a large, but is now somewhere between the medium and large in the 2020 range. My friend rode a Large at Steel is Real, they are enormous!

I definitely don't think huge bikes are for every trail. Lately I've been thinking that my trails suit a bike that goes up like an MTB and down like a dirt jumper, haha. There's just a very different way to ride my flowing, poppy, smooth-ish, valley trails with all their short punchy up and downs compared to mountain rides with longer drawn out climbs and steeper faster lumpier descents. I'd prefer the latter, but till then, I don't have any desire to super long local trails. 465 reach on my large hardtail feels super playful with short stays and bigger bikes don't add to the fun. If I moved I'd want something different, most-likely .

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026064
Mobile Version of Website