The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 17:19 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
Nobody gonna mention BB height? Eek

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 17:27 Quote
JesseE wrote:
onemind123 wrote:
JesseE wrote:
Local frame builder in the house! Geo looks a bit janky, but happy to see it up here. I had a dream where I opened up a bike company and pulled a Chromag and had a local builder make my dreams come true.

My nightmare is to own a small bike company.....

haha, I think it's a nightmare if you have to rely on it for money. My bike company dreams it's more of a passion project, so I don't have to compromise.

Nevermind the money - no matter what you do the pb comments section will have an opinion on everything that is wrong with no matter what design you come up with. The amount of time you would spend at therapy would leave you with next to zero time to ride.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 18:13 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
RedOctober wrote:

It is only the expression I'm looking at, in this case... if I'm looking at the geo, it is far from what I need...

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 23:24 Quote
JesseE wrote:
Lots of character, which is rad, and again, I'm partial to a local builder. That kink in the seat tube looks absolutely useless, though. I feel like all droppers would appreciate being as vertical as possible so theres less load pushing back/down when seated, plus, that kink just doesn't really make it look cooler. Am I wrong, do you folks see that kink as being necessary in anyway. BBH looks sky high too, which I never get (especially on trails around here) and lastly, interesting tire choice!
I'm guessing it's there for tire Clarence when the bike isn't in Mullet mode

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 1:28 Quote
JesseE wrote:
Am I wrong, do you folks see that kink as being necessary in anyway. BBH looks sky high too
That kink makes the seat angle look slacker than it actually is, which I think is a good thing. I like a bike that has equal seat/head tube angles, at least visually (even though my blue and purple patientZERO does not have that). BB does look skyhigh though.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 2:00 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
RedOctober wrote:

Bb height might be OK when it's off the tyre rack

Anyways I really like this love a mullet me.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 3:51 Quote
Actually looking at it again, that chainstay would be go up slightly (from the rear wheel axle to bottom bracket).

Mmm I take that back, about that might be ok

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 3:58 Quote
Looks like it was designed as a 27.5 but built as a mullet with the same fork travel. That would explain the high bb. I don't think anybody would design it this way on purpose.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 13:32 Quote
JesseE wrote:
Local frame builder in the house!

She moved her shop to Squamish...so no longer local to TO.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 13:45 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
JesseE wrote:

Get the shit out! I swear, we have 1000s of riders in in Onterrible, but like, 1 MTB frame builder, it's crazy. I guess everyone is too busy buying squished Santa Cruz bikes...

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 13:46 Quote
Craft bike days 2019

Standert (Berlin)

Rennstahl steel hardtail

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
Tervail make the best looking tanwalls (brownwalls), just can't buy a tire that is listed as being "light & supple" cause my bod is not light & supple and I don't like hard pressures either.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
ronan29 wrote:
Craft bike days 2019

Standert (Berlin)

Rennstahl steel hardtail

Not sure they are ultimately thread worthy, but appreciated nonetheless.

Good find, always keen to view tup

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 14:41 Quote
JesseE wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:
JesseE wrote:

Get the shit out! I swear, we have 1000s of riders in in Onterrible, but like, 1 MTB frame builder, it's crazy. I guess everyone is too busy buying squished Santa Cruz bikes...

Most of us figure it out and leave Ontario if riding is a top priority in life. I left in 2007.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 15:33 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

Not sure they are ultimately thread worthy, but appreciated nonetheless.

Good find, always keen to view tup

I think the pictures probably just don't do them justice.
Better pictures maybe?
I really like the seatstays on that yellow one.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018752
Mobile Version of Website