The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 4:00 Quote
Everything is oldschool on it!

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 4:49 Quote
I love those Paul cable disc brakes, I bet they're as good as some of the budget hydraulic brakes you can get these days.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 5:55 Quote
Heywood165 wrote:
I love those Paul cable disc brakes, I bet they're as good as some of the budget hydraulic brakes you can get these days.

im quite positive they are not

and ourys pfff. "nahbs wank" as they used to say few years ago

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 8:01 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
Heywood165 wrote:

But they should be considering how much they cost.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
top tube brace ruins the deedar for me

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
funkzander wrote:

All Deedars should be Sterlingified! lol

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
metaam wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:
Heywood165 wrote:

But they should be considering how much they cost.

the klampers are ok...definitely not as good as hydro brakes.

not to mention the klampers dont self adjust and theyre always rubbing if you happen to have slightly out of true rotors...prepared to be annoyed. i get the price, engineered, designed, fabbed in Chico...but they are indeed a lot of hype.

Just picked up a set of Yokozuna's ...hope theyre better than the klampers

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 9:46 Quote
metaam wrote:
funkzander wrote:

All Deedars should be Sterlingified! lol

Couldn't agree more!

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
Avid cable brakes are so shit I don't think I could ever do anything but hydros. I've had slx brakes running flawlessly since 2015 with one proactive bleed.

If I wanted bling for a build it would be hope

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 10:26 Quote
There are some cable calipers that work well, such as Hayes MX series (light spring action) TRP Spyre (two piston action) and Paul's Clamper (very stiff cnc caliper).

I ran MX4s caliper when I first built up my Process 134. They're older and a bit harder to find, but have an insanely light spring so feel very very good attached to some Paul's or Avid levers.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 15:34 Quote
sherbet wrote:
There are some cable calipers that work well, such as Hayes MX series (light spring action) TRP Spyre (two piston action) and Paul's Clamper (very stiff cnc caliper).

I ran MX4s caliper when I first built up my Process 134. They're older and a bit harder to find, but have an insanely light spring so feel very very good attached to some Paul's or Avid levers.

ever notice how the Spyre brake pads move within the caliper??? well, they do - makes you feel like you have a loose headset...very disconcerting.

I still dont really understand how the roadies think that cable actuated brakes are more reliable than hydro. ive never had a set of hydro brakes fail on me.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
Loving that color scheme.Is that thing steel ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015618
Mobile Version of Website