The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
SileTzar wrote:

badass

Hey that's my garage built klunker, thanks for the that.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
Two of my favourites, there's a so many good builds.. So hard..

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 10:39 Quote
Wow this year is insane...I've seen about 10 "best of the year" bikes so far that deserve it.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 11:08 Quote
dagzin wrote:
Two of my favourites, there's a so many good builds.. So hard..

This purple is incredible, the HA is slack, the SA steep, while still looking good and like it would be a pleasant ride... Serious contender here!

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 12:29 Quote
For me, it's getting Really hard to choose a Best HT, so many great builds out there..

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 14:13 Quote
Finding it easier year after year

For me, the good ones are the ones you cannot forget.

Bespoke for the win

Honestly, I prefer an aggressive hardtail, one with kit that can handle abuse. Or, a proven bike that handles well featuring neat touches & a well thought out kit list. Sometimes pricey kit isn't the best, but in MTB, you can't scrimp on the basics at least
Bikes that get ridden (ones that you are just itching to ride as soon as you wake up!) daily that are dirty & scratched float my boat, couldn't imagine pussy footing about on a namby pamby super bike that costs silly money.
Afraid of scratching or damaging the bike or it's parts? Throw that shit into a rock gulley

Having ridden a Stanton , then I'd have to nominate the Switch9er Ti , it's an amazing bike, best hardtail I have ever ridden
The Prova & Engin are probably exceptional, but I will never know..

Here though, dream bikes featuring top of the tree kit are mandatory , sweet custom paintjobs are a must, neat frame details and up-to-date manufacturing processes are de rigueur, current geometry trends imperative .. & so forth

As an example:
Anything with a mediocre crankset, forget it instantly!
Shimano SLX/XT or SRAM GX are perfect for a hardtail, but no real place here, they perform well & are perfect regarding cost vs performance & cheap to replace come crash time but they just don't make the grade. Personally I think SLX are better looking than a lot of cranks, but f*ck my personal opinion lol

Give me Ingrid, White Ind. Eewings , Carbon Next , Xo1, XTR et al'

That's just one component, and it's incomplete without a chainring.. ooooh chainrings

We are a bunch of freaks really

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 14:23 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

Bespoke for the win

Honestly, I prefer an aggressive hardtail, one with kit that can handle abuse. Or, a proven bike that handles well featuring neat touches & a well thought out kit list. Sometimes pricey kit isn't the best, but in MTB, you can't scrimp on the basics at least

Having ridden a Stanton , then I'd have to nominate the Switch9er Ti , it's an amazing bike, best hardtail I have ever ridden

Here though, dream bikes featuring top of the tree kit are mandatory , sweet custom paintjobs are a must, neat frame details and up-to-date manufacturing processes are de rigueur, current geometry trends imperative .. & so forth

As an example:
Shimano SLX/XT or SRAM GX are perfect for a hardtail, but no real place here, they perform well & are perfect regarding cost vs performance & cheap to replace come crash time but they just don't make the grade. Personally I think SLX are better looking than a lot of cranks, but f*ck my personal opinion lol

That's just one component, and it's incomplete without a chainring.. ooooh chainrings

I can get behind this. Cranks are one of the most important parts of a sex build. Lots of cranks work well, but the build that goes the extra mile with the fancy shit will always dominate in my mind, unless the rest of the build is out of control. For the record, I actually think plastic cranks are a knock against most bikes, but some builds have me looking past it.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
RedOctober wrote:
Somebody must wake up mozz, I guess...

I would like to (re)introduce you to Corvid Smile

Corvid Dirtsurfer

Awesome Bikes...Awesome guy.

This could really use better photos.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 14:31 Quote
Would be interesting to see how many variants on builds there may be if we all had to kit out the same frame

Choice is so good nowadays

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 14:33 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
RedOctober wrote:
Somebody must wake up mozz, I guess...

I would like to (re)introduce you to Corvid Smile

Corvid Dirtsurfer

Awesome Bikes...Awesome guy.

Yes to better pics, Sterling needs to go visiting methinks

Definitely top five for me, really stoked up this thread

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 14:33 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:

Pro level photo's can make a crap bike looks great.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 14:38 Quote
I actually rode with that bike and owner. Very nice the both of them....alas we weren’t there for a photoshoot Wink

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 14:44 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I actually rode with that bike and owner. Very nice the both of them....alas we weren’t there for a photoshoot Wink

Ride it again!

Do it...

lol

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 15:54 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

Bespoke for the win

Bikes that get ridden (ones that you are just itching to ride as soon as you wake up!) daily that are dirty & scratched float my boat, couldn't imagine pussy footing about on a namby pamby super bike that costs silly money.
Afraid of scratching or damaging the bike or it's parts? Throw that shit into a rock gulley

As an example:

I disagree with you regarding the custom paintjob. It's like saying that the only sexy ones are the Hollywood stars dressed for the red carpet. So many times, a country girl has more sex appeal than is legally allowed... but yes, a beautiful pair of cranks is like a beautiful pair of tits, you have them or not, whether you go to the Oscars or to milk the cow...

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015496
Mobile Version of Website