The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 16:13 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Awesome Bikes...Awesome guy.

This could really use better photos.

Yes to better pics, Sterling needs to go visiting methinks

Definitely top five for me, really stoked up this thread
Doesn’t seem like we’re doing the official nominations / voting this year? I check this thread nearly every day and this gets the 1st place nod from me.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 16:40 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo

This is my custom frame! Cool to see it in here getting some love! Big Grin

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 16:54 Quote
olliekidner wrote:
RedOctober wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo

Very well done Ollie...If you don't mind, what is the HT angle on it..?

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 17:41 Quote
Really sick ^ Looks like a BTR Belter, or maybe ranger ...... Custom builder ?

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 17:45 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
I disagree with you regarding the custom paintjob. It's like saying that the only sexy ones are the Hollywood stars dressed for the red carpet. So many times, a country girl has more sex appeal than is legally allowed... but yes, a beautiful pair of cranks is like a beautiful pair of tits, you have them or not, whether you go to the Oscars or to milk the cow...

I'll take the country farm girl every time.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 22:24 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
Doesn’t seem like we’re doing the official nominations / voting this year? I check this thread nearly every day and this gets the 1st place nod from me.

Early days yet. Mozz doesn't usually come out of hibernation until around Xmas.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 23:01 Quote
olliekidner wrote:
RedOctober wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo

One of my favourites this year! Killer bike!!

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 1:35 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Bespoke for the win

Here though, dream bikes featuring top of the tree kit are mandatory , sweet custom paintjobs are a must, neat frame details and up-to-date manufacturing processes are de rigueur, current geometry trends imperative .. & so forth

I disagree with you regarding the custom paintjob. It's like saying that the only sexy ones are the Hollywood stars dressed for the red carpet. So many times, a country girl has more sex appeal than is legally allowed... but yes, a beautiful pair of cranks is like a beautiful pair of tits, you have them or not, whether you go to the Oscars or to milk the cow...

Let me be more specific

Only a few large manufacturers are putting out fresh paint that stimulates, Norco for instance..albeit one colour. One of but a limited few.

Small batch Frame builders are at least making the effort to give us something a bit more special, as with all things, things go full circle, colour being no exception, remember stealth black? Black won't be winning here anytime soon

Can't see a standard paint job bike from a large manufacturer making the top spot from this year onwards. I will stand by that

Greymag did exceptionally well, not solely because of its colour, but by careful colour matching, this is not easy to do. We pull apart bikes here regularly because of it.

Anyway, I know what you meant tup should have said 'for me' prior lol

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 1:44 Quote
Something I would really like to see is more effort & attention paid to forks - not referring to performance

Helm & Pike ultimate have upped the ante, but still lack finesse

f*ck decals too lol

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 8:26 Quote
i'm haunting this thread for a few years now, but i haven't even create an account so far Smile
Now, i've finally done it and these are my tops..i might have skipped some because there are so many but mainly this is it:

photo
photo
i must say about this one that i would prefer that green to be matte, but i like the green/kashima combo

photo
pretty stock but is literally the stock version so..but i like that frame very much, colour and geo wise..

photo
photo
this one looks pretty near perfect for me

photo
looking pretty dirty..as it should

photo
not a mag fan but i like this one.

photo
gorgeous frame/bike..i just don't like the blue bits as i don't generally like blue

photo
photo
almost perfect..maybe better without rim decals but as they're spanks is hard to take that off

photo
very nice one but misses a little bling ..looks kind of pale..somehow

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 13:00 Quote
Bine ai venit! Wink

Soupherb wrote:
RedOctober wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Bespoke for the win

Here though, dream bikes featuring top of the tree kit are mandatory , sweet custom paintjobs are a must, neat frame details and up-to-date manufacturing processes are de rigueur, current geometry trends imperative .. & so forth

Let me be more specific

Only a few large manufacturers are putting out fresh paint that stimulates, Norco for instance..albeit one colour. One of but a limited few.

Small batch Frame builders are at least making the effort to give us something a bit more special, as with all things, things go full circle, colour being no exception, remember stealth black? Black won't be winning here anytime soon

Can't see a standard paint job bike from a large manufacturer making the top spot from this year onwards. I will stand by that

Greymag did exceptionally well, not solely because of its colour, but by careful colour matching, this is not easy to do. We pull apart bikes here regularly because of it.

Anyway, I know what you meant tup should have said 'for me' prior lol

You are right, of course, on the other hand, there are a bunch of exceptional bikes who excel in sexiness having a very cheap/obscure paintjob... I'm thinking of PVD bikes, that Sour Crumble from few pages back... it's wabi-sabi...

And yes, you are right again, there will be a guy somewhere capable of building a gorgeous bike out of a good old standard frame... I mean, there are here, among us, guys who know how to build such a bike, graymag is a good example...

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
Btw, BTR is clearcoating again the frames, but without a warranty.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 4:55 Quote
dagzin wrote:
Two of my favourites, there's a so many good builds.. So hard..

photo

photo

need to take new Pics of my Moxie :-) this was Version 1 with the wrong Fork (old one from my Geometron G16) now i got the Formula Selva, wow what a Fork! last Week i Bought a nice Backwheel, want to test the Mullet Version of the Moxie next Season! Awesome Bike with a Perfect Geo for me :-)

Thanks you like it! tup

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 5:05 Quote
Love your moxie, had one once. Well worth trying out 27.5 out back, that's how I got mine set up, after half a year of switching between the two rear wheel sizes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.052177
Mobile Version of Website