The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 20:14 Quote
mr-winks wrote:
Love the oil slick mag there is just one tiny thing wrong with it some dumbass dropped a brick on the top tube Madder

Top tube bend. Gets us every time.

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 21:29 Quote
Yeah, its also sort of what sets chromag apart from the rest. I know how you guys feel though, I feel the same about Sklar... So close to being sexy. I guess bends down don't bother me the way bends up do.

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 21:57 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
Yeah, its also sort of what sets chromag apart from the rest. I know how you guys feel though, I feel the same about Sklar... So close to being sexy. I guess bends down don't bother me the way bends up do.

It used to bother me a little. But then you ride one. Zero f*cks given about a bend. Same with Sklar bikes. I didn’t think they were all that until I ran across one on the hill. Stunning bikes in person.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 3:20 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
photo

Shredding the gnar but also keeping an eye out for a bargain in Primark.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 4:19 Quote
poncho467 wrote:
it just doesn't WOW me! I can't explain why though! Confused

Top tube bend. Gets us every time.[/Quote]

Yep, that certainly is a factor.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 4:32 Quote
I’m definitely in the minority here but I actually don’t mind the bend. That burnt orange Mag works for me.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 4:35 Quote
Dimebolt22b wrote:
RedOctober wrote:
photo

Shredding the gnar but also keeping an eye out for a bargain in Primark.

Lol! No fashion, no motion

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 4:43 Quote
boomshot007 wrote:
I’m definitely in the minority here but I actually don’t mind the bend. That burnt orange Mag works for me.
Ditto on the bent TT. I would prefer it straight but it doesnt offend.

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 4:49 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
boomshot007 wrote:
Ditto on the bent TT. I would prefer it straight but it doesnt offend.
I wasn’t a fan of the bend, but it grew on me. Bought one, and love the bike. You can tell it’s a Chromag instantly.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 6:25 Quote
Isn’t anyone else getting bored with only wanting a straight top tube to seat stay line? I sure am. I like the small bend in the Chromag or slight offset of the Moxie. Subtle things that make the bikes different. Only thing I change on Chromag’s is the cable off the the bottom of the down tube to on the top of it.
The slick is sick. Maybe just a black bar though. That’s a lot of slick going on.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 7:27 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Isn’t anyone else getting bored with only wanting a straight top tube to seat stay line? I sure am. I like the small bend in the Chromag or slight offset of the Moxie. Subtle things that make the bikes different. Only thing I change on Chromag’s is the cable off the the bottom of the down tube to on the top of it.
The slick is sick. Maybe just a black bar though. That’s a lot of slick going on.

Straight tubes are always the most aesthetic. Especially nice when there's no reinforcing additional tube connecting the top tube to seat tube (think Sour & Pace).

Just my opinion.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 11:04 Quote
Stanton

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7anD80nZKW/?igshid=1ppz63ryk9nqv

..and so it begins , expect there will be many many more over the following months

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 11:32 Quote
JonDud wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Straight tubes are always the most aesthetic. Especially nice when there's no reinforcing additional tube connecting the top tube to seat tube (think Sour & Pace).

Just my opinion.

And then all hardtails would look the same. That'd be boring as hell.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
Agreed. I actually like the "Chromag bend".

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.042079
Mobile Version of Website