The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 13:13 Quote

I'd prefer a silver chainring, but otherwise a very bike

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 13:28 Quote
Probably the fanciest non-ti bike on here.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 20:23 Quote
JDub713 wrote:
Stough singletrack
Been putting miles in this machine since cannibalizing everything I could from my gen 3 Nomad. Good to be back on a hardtail
Worthy .

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 20:34 Quote
JDub713 wrote:
Been putting miles in this machine since cannibalizing everything I could from my gen 3 Nomad. Good to be back on a hardtail

Thats a beaut

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 2:41 Quote
Thanks fellas. I would say it’s waaay overbuilt for general riding but I’ll have this bike for as long as I can find replacement drivetrain parts and other wear parts. I definitely need to clean up the cables, and the Ergon seat will likely make way for a Trailmaster/DT when there are more options back in stock. Waiting to see if King makes a microspline conversion kit for my hub, if they do it will get XTR 1x12 treatment later this year, but as of now they only offer a kit for boost (rear hub is currently 12x142 with boost spacers to fit the frame, and the wheel was re-dished). Another issue was the cockpit. I tried to slam the stem, but my shifter would hit the top tube if the bars spun. Tried converting it back and forth from i-spec/clamp mount to no avail. I don’t like aesthetics of 35+ riser bars. Currently running 25mm BZAs and that’s as high as I prefer, so I had to flip steerer spacers under the stem. Considered an Industry Nine stem with a 5mm offset to help but $150 is a tall proposition for 5mm of rise. Any input on that issue would be greatly appreciated as well!

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 3:08 Quote
@JDub - get a Trailmaster LTD if you can. There are really comfortable once the leather breaks in. I have ditched riding in padded riding shorts.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 5:25 Quote
JDub713 wrote:
This might be the first bike I actually like the Eewings on. Good job!

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 6:40 Quote
Why the orange chromag bars though ?

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 6:47 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:

Yeah, I have black & chrome bars from Chromag, which would have gone perfect. Maybe they ran out of money after the eewings, CK parts and top end fox fork & dropper. So baller!

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 7:32 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
THE-GUNT wrote:

Yeah, I have black & chrome bars from Chromag, which would have gone perfect. Maybe they ran out of money after the eewings, CK parts and top end fox fork & dropper. So baller!

Naw, orange bars were from my Nomad. The rise was too low so I bought a new set for the Stylus. If you look at my first posted pic it has the black bars with more rise

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 8:18 Quote
JDub713 wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
THE-GUNT wrote:

Naw, orange bars were from my Nomad. The rise was too low so I bought a new set for the Stylus. If you look at my first posted pic it has the black bars with more rise

So, how does the build ride? You've really spared no expense on all the bits, I can only imagine it all comes together to rule.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
boomshot007 wrote:

Ever since Cotic did a baby blue Bfe I've been a fan of the colour...marmite for some though.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
This might be the first bike I actually like the Eewings on. Good job!

You've not been looking hard enough... Wink

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 5:23 Quote
Repost? Acoustic Cycles

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026116
Mobile Version of Website