The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 0:45 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
I think the gold clamp is a nice touch, but yeah, the grips need to go..Otherwise a stunner for sure.

Upon reflection maybe the gold works with the Maxxis yellow. Gold steerer spacers for sure then.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 0:47 Quote
OK, going to need an education on that adjustable chainstay. Are you just flexing the Seatstays?[/Quote]

My guess is so you can run it singlespeed without a tensioner or horiz drops or funny BB. I suppose its one way to solve a problem.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 4:13 Quote
You're gonna come in here with that steer tube???

Haha

Sweet ride. Frame looks awesome but agree it would be awesome with fewer distractions like that gold and all the rim decals etc. Frame is exciting enough.

I tried to order some chromag spacers but were sold out Frown

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 5:49 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
@JDub - get a Trailmaster LTD if you can. There are really comfortable once the leather breaks in. I have ditched riding in padded riding shorts.

Independently from you lot I got one for my Shan.

I'm hoping the leather on the Trailmaster is going to wear in. It's so beautifully brown! Big Grin

Edit: It's this bikes fault.
source forgot to save the link

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 6:11 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
fartymarty wrote:
@JDub - get a Trailmaster LTD if you can. There are really comfortable once the leather breaks in. I have ditched riding in padded riding shorts.

I'm hoping the leather on the Trailmaster is going to wear in. It's so beautifully brown! Big Grin

Edit: It's this bikes fault.
source forgot to save the link

Any more pics of that bike? Those bars are lookin chromey

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 6:47 Quote

They do wear in but it takes a little time. I've had one for maybe 2 years and the other is a year old in April. The 2 year old one is nice and worn in.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 7:10 Quote
fartymarty wrote:

They do wear in but it takes a little time. I've had one for maybe 2 years and the other is a year old in April. The 2 year old one is nice and worn in.
What’s the best conditioner for them? Mines about a year old

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 7:25 Quote
What’s the best conditioner for them? Mines about a year old[/Quote]

I use some equestrian saddle wax. Before that I used some Timberland wax.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 9:27 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
Gold seat clamp and top cap to match the fork, goes amazingly with the translucent red.

The gold seat clamp and the red grips look off to my eye. I'd swap them both for black but I get what you are doing with matching the gold bits on the fork. The red grips are just too far from the crimson frame colour for my liking. Clashing reds. That said its still a great looking ride. Enjoy. Beer [/Quote]

Yeah black grips, black seat collar (a cheapie will do for the photo), tidy the cables, drop the seat and it's a contender. Not at bling as the black Stylus a few pages ago but that Red does it for me.

Also if I was nit picking I would go a higher rise bar and less spacers.

PS I would also lose all the decals (where possible) except the frame decals but I'm probably alone in that one.[/Quote]
Yeah she's still a work in progress, I'm happy with the colors/decals etc. But I'm still experimenting with the cockpit - I've dropped a few spacers since that photo, but the head tube is really short for a large. The cables are intentionally long for the same reason, I'll tidy them up once I've figured the cockpit out.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 9:53 Quote
sam264 wrote:
fartymarty wrote:
Gold seat clamp and top cap to match the fork, goes amazingly with the translucent red.

The gold seat clamp and the red grips look off to my eye. I'd swap them both for black but I get what you are doing with matching the gold bits on the fork. The red grips are just too far from the crimson frame colour for my liking. Clashing reds. That said its still a great looking ride. Enjoy. Beer

Yeah black grips, black seat collar (a cheapie will do for the photo), tidy the cables, drop the seat and it's a contender. Not at bling as the black Stylus a few pages ago but that Red does it for me.

Also if I was nit picking I would go a higher rise bar and less spacers.

PS I would also lose all the decals (where possible) except the frame decals but I'm probably alone in that one.[/Quote]
Yeah she's still a work in progress, I'm happy with the colors/decals etc. But I'm still experimenting with the cockpit - I've dropped a few spacers since that photo, but the head tube is really short for a large. The cables are intentionally long for the same reason, I'll tidy them up once I've figured the cockpit out.[/Quote]

Then borrow someone's SLR for some serious glam shots.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 15:35 Quote
Maybe a black dropper to match the fork stanchions but I gotta say I like that one. Curved top tube and all.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 19:23 Quote
I'm with you - this Sklar is the reason Sklar is winning me over gradually. Agreed on the black dropper as being the literal only thing I'd critique - beautiful.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 21:33 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
I'm with you - this Sklar is the reason Sklar is winning me over gradually. Agreed on the black dropper as being the literal only thing I'd critique - beautiful.

The curve appears less than typical. Maybe hes taking notes here or maybe hes just changing his mind. It looks better than most but still just doesnt need that curve.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029857
Mobile Version of Website