The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Author Message
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 22:35 Quote
sam264 wrote:
I'm gonna go ahead and violate the "no posting your own bike rule" because I think you guys will like this, and it's honestly the most stunning paint job I've seen in a while - not many of these out in the wild yet either, I believe this is only the second one to be built in this colour. I also threw some fairly nice parts on there... I spent a little while collecting parts for this one, spec below.

chromag stylus

chromag stylus

chromag stylus

chromag stylus

Frame: 2020 Chromag Stylus, size L
Headset: Cane Creek 40
Fork: Cane Creek Helm air - currently set to 160
Wheels: XT rear hub, bontrager front on DT E512 rims. Silver spokes, because custom wheels.
Drivetrain: SLX 12sp cassette, derailleur chain, XT shifter, Stylo cranks with 30t chainring
Cockpit: Oneup carbon bars and stem
Seatpost: PNW Bachelor 170 with Loam Lever
Brakes: Shimano MT500 non series 4-pot with 203/180 RT76 rotors

Gold seat clamp and top cap to match the fork, goes amazingly with the translucent red.


Beautiful! Some really amazing Stylus' in this thread. I'm strongly considering ordering a frame soon. If you don't mind, I'm trying to get a feel for the sizing; How tall are you and how's that large feel? What's your stem spacer stack measure?

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 2:30 Quote
sam264 wrote:
I'm gonna go ahead and violate the "no posting your own bike rule" because I think you guys will like this, and it's honestly the most stunning paint job I've seen in a while - not many of these out in the wild yet either, I believe this is only the second one to be built in this colour. I also threw some fairly nice parts on there... I spent a little while collecting parts for this one, spec below.

chromag stylus

chromag stylus

chromag stylus

chromag stylus

Frame: 2020 Chromag Stylus, size L
Headset: Cane Creek 40
Fork: Cane Creek Helm air - currently set to 160
Wheels: XT rear hub, bontrager front on DT E512 rims. Silver spokes, because custom wheels.
Drivetrain: SLX 12sp cassette, derailleur chain, XT shifter, Stylo cranks with 30t chainring
Cockpit: Oneup carbon bars and stem
Seatpost: PNW Bachelor 170 with Loam Lever
Brakes: Shimano MT500 non series 4-pot with 203/180 RT76 rotors

Gold seat clamp and top cap to match the fork, goes amazingly with the translucent red.

Have you heard of intend? The guy makes a super headset, that works differently to normal headsets, at the same time kinda makes a large stack look, less stacked.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 5:50 Quote
poncho467 wrote:
BSheldon wrote:
I'm with you - this Sklar is the reason Sklar is winning me over gradually. Agreed on the black dropper as being the literal only thing I'd critique - beautiful.

The curve appears less than typical. Maybe hes taking notes here or maybe hes just changing his mind. It looks better than most but still just doesnt need that curve.

true, very nice bike, but perhaps it would be even more so with a straight top tube ....

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
dagzin wrote:
sam264 wrote:
I'm gonna go ahead and violate the "no posting your own bike rule" because I think you guys will like this, and it's honestly the most stunning paint job I've seen in a while - not many of these out in the wild yet either, I believe this is only the second one to be built in this colour. I also threw some fairly nice parts on there... I spent a little while collecting parts for this one, spec below.

chromag stylus

chromag stylus

chromag stylus

chromag stylus

Frame: 2020 Chromag Stylus, size L
Headset: Cane Creek 40
Fork: Cane Creek Helm air - currently set to 160
Wheels: XT rear hub, bontrager front on DT E512 rims. Silver spokes, because custom wheels.
Drivetrain: SLX 12sp cassette, derailleur chain, XT shifter, Stylo cranks with 30t chainring
Cockpit: Oneup carbon bars and stem
Seatpost: PNW Bachelor 170 with Loam Lever
Brakes: Shimano MT500 non series 4-pot with 203/180 RT76 rotors

Gold seat clamp and top cap to match the fork, goes amazingly with the translucent red.

Have you heard of intend? The guy makes a super headset, that works differently to normal headsets, at the same time kinda makes a large stack look, less stacked.
or just fit a 25-30mm bar instead of 10mm bar... spacers only ever look shit with flat or lo rise bars.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 12:29 Quote
red-o wrote:
[P=https://scontent.fotp3-3.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/82995009_2466856600299206_6917792648438743040_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=t9ei4ObYKuMAX-mD2bk&_nc_ht=scontent.fotp3- 3.fna&oh=da42ec92a2389c3f1a0e96b5a39681da&oe=5E8D3A80 size=m align=c][/P]

This looks balanced. I wouldn’t mind trying a Pinnion transmission. Pretty close efficiency wise in comparison with derailleur transmission. I read about it somewhere but don’t remember where to post the comparison. Great choice if you wanna ride in shi.y conditions.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
red-o wrote:

Nice bike and drivetrain, but that thing is screaming for a wireless trigger shifter.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 14:05 Quote
longjohnsilver63 wrote:
poncho467 wrote:
BSheldon wrote:
I'm with you - this Sklar is the reason Sklar is winning me over gradually. Agreed on the black dropper as being the literal only thing I'd critique - beautiful.

The curve appears less than typical. Maybe hes taking notes here or maybe hes just changing his mind. It looks better than most but still just doesnt need that curve.

true, very nice bike, but perhaps it would be even more so with a straight top tube ....

I think its a smaller size which has it was less gatish

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 6:19 Quote
2020 Ragley's tup

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7xvCXPHXhg/?igshid=1cnf2zcc34bb8

A few tweaks on kit & there is a sexy weapon or two , good work Ragley .. paintjobs making the biggest waves

Interested in a new frame.. will need to see one in the flesh

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 7:02 Quote
"These new spec options were inspired by custom builds the brand had seen on social media"

Keep the good work, guys! Smile ))

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 7:10 Quote
red-o wrote:
"These new spec options were inspired by custom builds the brand had seen on social media"

Keep the good work, guys! Smile ))

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
100% hand made custom. OMENRACING.COM lub https://www.facebook.com/omenracingbikes/ . You can choose your painting and geometries to increase your driving tastes
100 hand made custom frame OMEN SAVAGE 27 5 160mm fork . Enduro Trials bikes. www.omenracing.com

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 8:55 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
2020 Ragley's tup

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7xvCXPHXhg/?igshid=1cnf2zcc34bb8

A few tweaks on kit & there is a sexy weapon or two , good work Ragley .. paintjobs making the biggest waves

Interested in a new frame.. will need to see one in the flesh

That purple colour is great. \m/


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021304
Mobile Version of Website