The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Author Message
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 6:54 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
OneBanana wrote:
But you're old enough to remember the 90s, so surely you can't wait for bar ends to make a comeback in a format that's cool enough for downcountry or upduro or whatever the fck this week's buzzword is? Razz

Ditto toe clips...

NO, JUST NO. I will burn all my bikes if bar ends and toe clips ever return.

toe clips, haha. One could sorta rationalize bar ends, but anyone who thinks toe clips are superior to some good ol' shimano spds is delusional. That said, I see people commute on fat bikes and ride CX bikes (poorly) on mtb trails, so the world is full of illogical people.

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 10:53 Quote
metaam wrote:
Liking the Waltly, but does anyone know what the little "horns" on the grips are?

I just tried this one's this morning and felt that you have another position to put your hands on and help somewhat with hand numbness but they kinda get in the way when you move your hands to different positions and when you want to shift into another gear. Thinking to ditch em I guess. It'll work better on drop bars dough I think.

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 12:59 Quote
one of my hardest crashes was because of toe clips lol, I was riding a retro bike as fast as I could cause I run flats, so being able to spin circles consistant was fun, and I was going as fast as I could, a turn came up and I figured I would take my foot out to give me support around the corner, but no, my foot didn't come out, and the brakes didnt work.. I hit a curb andflew proabaly like 10 feet landing on my back lol. First helmet that I broke

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 17:13 Quote
red-o wrote:

Love this color scheme!

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 20:14 Quote
Burn this colour scheme with fireReally Mad

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 0:54 Quote
Maybe a repost? It belongs to a lady...


Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 1:00 Quote
I believe it is. Myth needs a nicer bar and lose the decals on the front rim.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 2:52 Quote
It's really visible !

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 3:24 Quote
red-o wrote:
Maybe a repost? It belongs to a lady...


Thats more like it! Sweet paintjob, it might just be better without the Kashima (and definitely without those yellow Maxxis logo's...The day Maxxis switches to grey logo's I might start using them)

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 3:30 Quote
suravida wrote:
Thats more like it! Sweet paintjob, it might just be better without the Kashima (and definitely without those yellow Maxxis logo's...The day Maxxis switches to grey logo's I might start using them)

Just cover the logos with some black marker. I use a BIC Marking 2300, works perfectly fine.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 3:41 Quote
TibZ wrote:
suravida wrote:
Thats more like it! Sweet paintjob, it might just be better without the Kashima (and definitely without those yellow Maxxis logo's...The day Maxxis switches to grey logo's I might start using them)

Just cover the logos with some black marker. I use a BIC Marking 2300, works perfectly fine.

I did it with my DHF, but luckily there is so much more choice in tyres that I just switched to a Magic Mary ;-) I just find it really annoying that you spent great care building a frame, pick the perfect components and then the 30,- tyres have their logos screaming at you. (In yellow no less! :rollSmile Almost automatically makes bikes without yellow parts not sexy in my book.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 3:49 Quote
longjohnsilver63 wrote:
sklar custom ti


To underline my annoyance ;-)

Gorgeous frame, nice understated yet classy parts, and these damn yellow logo's taking up all the attention. Maxxis should take a look at how WTB is doing this...

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 3:56 Quote
suravida wrote:
TibZ wrote:
suravida wrote:
Thats more like it! Sweet paintjob, it might just be better without the Kashima (and definitely without those yellow Maxxis logo's...The day Maxxis switches to grey logo's I might start using them)

Just cover the logos with some black marker. I use a BIC Marking 2300, works perfectly fine.

I did it with my DHF, but luckily there is so much more choice in tyres that I just switched to a Magic Mary ;-) I just find it really annoying that you spent great care building a frame, pick the perfect components and then the 30,- tyres have their logos screaming at you. (In yellow no less! :rollSmile Almost automatically makes bikes without yellow parts not sexy in my book.

It takes like 2 min per tire and no more yellow / white / whatever color labelling, this should not dictate which tires you choose Smile

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 5:35 Quote
Suravida, planning to bend some tubes in the near future for your own frames?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013396
Mobile Version of Website