The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 7:24 Quote
That switch9er needs a photographer.

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 8:06 Quote
Mmmmm ! Jaguar green Stanton,tup

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 9:44 Quote
Heywood165 wrote:
Anyone know if they're made in the same factory as Kingdom bikes.
They seem to have a similar style, or do Kingdom build their own frames?

Both are manufactured in China, that's all I know.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 5:42 Quote
I wonder where the slack trend will end?

Maybe when suddenly the headtubes are deforming and loads of warranty claims come starting in? Like in the 90s before they butt the gussets under the downtubes on steel frames.

We'll see. :-)

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 5:49 Quote
I think we'll just wait for the final review of the Grim Donut to see if you can get too slack. For me 65° turns out to be very good, even when on flat XC trails here in the Netherlands. Hell, even 64 on my fully even works pretty nicely here. 62° felt a bit floppy in the carpark, but that was with an overforked bike.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 6:05 Quote
suravida wrote:
I think we'll just wait for the final review of the Grim Donut to see if you can get too slack. For me 65° turns out to be very good, even when on flat XC trails here in the Netherlands. Hell, even 64 on my fully even works pretty nicely here. 62° felt a bit floppy in the carpark, but that was with an overforked bike.

IMHO the Nicolai G1 is the result of years of development by Chris Porter and Nicolai with the G16. I wouldn't see things going much further than that. They have tried super slack (59HA IIRC) and come back from there.

The Grim Donut is going to be too slack and too low. I also reckon the SA is going to be too steep.

PS apologies in advance for the off topic comments.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 6:22 Quote
Horses for courses as always

Seeing a super slack hardtail online is one thing, riding one is another. Hardtails are 90% ride everything right? The missing 10% will be better achieved on a bike with suspension front & rear and can also be bought cheap

Really don't see the need for 'one trick ponies' in this day and age, latest generation hardtails are more than able to ride most things if you got the skills

As ever though, ride whatever you like, f*ck online opinions lol

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 6:41 Quote
63 deg seems fine everywhere.

62 deg is starting to get wheel flop, but this is car parking test. Actually riding it not noticeable..

Nice to be able to ride/had hardtails from 65 to 62deg.

But as soupherb says fu**k online opinions

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 6:55 Quote
I agree with the last sentence.

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 8:06 Quote
I find wheel size has a bearing on the feel of the head angle. To me Bigger wheels ride like they are on a slacker bike (more flop etc) from my experience.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 9:06 Quote
@soupherb how dare you come on here and talk absolute sense!!

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 9:28 Quote
But what about wisdom of the crowd? Lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036863
Mobile Version of Website