The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 13:23 Quote
So glad those forks aren't "catching on".... Thank goodness.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 17:23 Quote
Another infected HT. Shame.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 17:26 Quote
If they sorted out the damper issues, it's pretty much the best fork on the market. Think it looks sexy af in a stealth bomber sorta way.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 18:50 Quote
sherbet wrote:
If they sorted out the damper issues, it's pretty much the best fork on the market. Think it looks sexy af in a stealth bomber sorta way.

I wonder if you could buy one and have someone rebuild/reshim the damper

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 18:54 Quote
sosburn wrote:
sherbet wrote:

I wonder if you could buy one and have it replaced with a lyrik

Smile

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 19:19 Quote
In today's day and age of hyper slack head angles causing bushing friction, you'd think people like you guys would fully embrace a system that doesn't have that style of friction applied. Chris Porter literally walked away from sub 60 degree head angles as they cause so much binding that the suspension itself is massively compromised.

But hey, I keep forgetting fashion outweighs function in these parts.

Guess the current downside is pricing and weight, but it's first gen, we'll likely see refinement in the future into a product that's no longer an alternative, it's just an upgrade.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 22:24 Quote
Of course fashion matters it’s why we are on this forum. Looking for beauty. That linkage fork looks to busy for a hardtail frame. Part of the love for the hardtail is it’s simplicity.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 22:35 Quote
Suspension, gears, dropper, exotic materials, hydro brakes. The bikes we see in here are anything but simple.

I just hate how often technology gets held back because of traditionalism. Better bikes > Better looks.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 22:51 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Suspension, gears, dropper, exotic materials, hydro brakes. The bikes we see in here are anything but simple.

I just hate how often technology gets held back because of traditionalism. Better bikes > Better looks.

I think what Stefan meant was the simplistic look of hardtails.

Gears, droppers and exotic materials don't detract from that. Linkage forks do.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 22:55 Quote
Didn't realize linkage forks were more complex than telescopic ones. I guess that's why single pivot bikes look better than linkage bikes. Rolleyes

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 23:02 Quote
It's not about complexity (or lack of) here, it's about aesthetics. Read the thread title. Rolleyes

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 23:12 Quote
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Enough people who use this forum think it looks rad that we don't need to have people sounding off on it any time it's posted here. Aside from some of the colour choices, that bike is sexy, and there are many of us that appreciate it being posted. Thanks for sharing your opinions; it doesn't amount to anything.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 23:15 Quote
But yours does eh? Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013421
Mobile Version of Website