The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 10:28 Quote
sherbet wrote:
metaam wrote:
But yours does eh? Wink

You'll notice I didn't start this conversation, just was willing to defend a product that I see merit in.

If linkage forms are the bees knees why don't MX bikes not use them? This isn't intended as a slate.against Trust just wanting to understand how and why.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 10:39 Quote
[Quote="fartymarty"]
sherbet wrote:
If linkage forms are the bees knees why don't MX bikes not use them? This isn't intended as a slate.against Trust just wanting to understand how and why.
Two factors spring ( Wink ) to mind:
Less weight conscious so burlier stanchions / lowers are far more feasible, which reduces flex and therefore potentially reduces binding in the bushings.
The higher mass of the combined MX bike/rider system would be expected to overcome static friction somewhat more easily, and should theoretically mean that less impact force is required to get them moving as compared to an MTB.

Not an engineer (beyond a PB armchair engineer lol ) though, so purely speculative. I'd certainly be keen to try the Trust fork and definitely the weird homemade linkage lefty thing that was on the front page a few days ago.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 11:00 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
red-o wrote:
photo

Damn! that is a nice build! Just the rim decals that I'm not particularly keen on.
Nice find again Red! tup

Yes, it's a shame you cannot remove the decals from those rims

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 11:06 Quote
Those bars being turned so far is bothersome. That and the decals gone and she'd be in the vote IMO.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 17:37 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
Those bars being turned so far is bothersome. That and the decals gone and she'd be in the vote IMO.

Those sixth element decals are probably my favorite of any rims. It feels like im the only person in this thread that likes them though Smile

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 19:16 Quote
poncho467 wrote:
BSheldon wrote:

Those sixth element decals are probably my favorite of any rims. It feels like im the only person in this thread that likes them though Smile

Don't get me wrong - I don't hate them. Just like the simplicity of subdued components.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 22:18 Quote
poncho467 wrote:
BSheldon wrote:

Nope I like em too specially when they’re odd colours

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 6:59 Quote
red-o wrote:
RSD MiddleChild
photo
photo
That top one, I assume is alloy? Looks pretty stout! I like these.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 11:45 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
red-o wrote:
RSD MiddleChild
photo
photo

Top one is alu. Steel just looks so much more pleasing on the eye IMO. Thinner more elegant tubing.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 16:42 Quote
That aluminum MC might be an entry ticket for a guy I work with to come out with us more. He'll have a blast without breaking the bank. *salesman hat*... "Hey man, I found you a new bike..."

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 17:36 Quote
matther01 wrote:
privateer-wheels wrote:
red-o wrote:
RSD MiddleChild
photo
photo

Top one is alu. Steel just looks so much more pleasing on the eye IMO. Thinner more elegant tubing.

Lovin' that burnt orange colour

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 17:36 Quote
For 100 bucks more you might as well get the steel frame.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 2:51 Quote
Well if your buddy is a beginner then the 5/600 gram increase in frameweight for the steel one ads up when you start building it with entry level stuff. I wouldn't want to ride a 15+ kg bike when starting to see if the sport is something for me.

So the Aluminium is a win win. Lower cost, lower weight so cash to spend for better/lighter stuff.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 2:53 Quote
That aluminium RSD is to die for

Better looking and better looking geo than all the rest imo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.476730
Mobile Version of Website