The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
Will4X wrote:
BSheldon wrote:
I love Stanton's frames, but I can't stand their stickers on the bars/downtube/seat tube etc. Makes a beautiful frame look like a cheap POS.

I’m a big Stanton fan but totally agree about the down tube decals...spoils a lot of their frames IMO, however just FYI the decals are custom with multiple options so the purchaser of this frame may well have spec’s that decal.

Understood, and I get that it's all purely preference. But to me, in the context of this thread, they detract so much from some of the most beautiful frames on the market. Every Stanton HT is pretty much worthy of getting posted here.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 16:40 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
Will4X wrote:
BSheldon wrote:
I love Stanton's frames, but I can't stand their stickers on the bars/downtube/seat tube etc. Makes a beautiful frame look like a cheap POS.

I’m a big Stanton fan but totally agree about the down tube decals...spoils a lot of their frames IMO, however just FYI the decals are custom with multiple options so the purchaser of this frame may well have spec’s that decal.

Understood, and I get that it's all purely preference. But to me, in the context of this thread, they detract so much from some of the most beautiful frames on the market. Every Stanton HT is pretty much worthy of getting posted here.

Yes and no, you could still have a great, well made beautiful frame, and hang complete shit on it, uncut cables and odd dropper/fork combos

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 23:21 Quote
... the hoses are a mess, but

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 23:49 Quote
red-o wrote:

The OG hope brakes are a cool choice! Not a fan of the gear + dropper cables though, grips are a bit much as well

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 0:06 Quote
threeofswords wrote:
BSheldon wrote:
Will4X wrote:

Yes and no, you could still have a great, well made beautiful frame, and hang complete shit on it, uncut cables and odd dropper/fork combos

This^. Someone said a while ago that every Chromag should get an automatic pass, not long afterwards one was posted that disproved the theory.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 1:15 Quote
james-skipper wrote:
red-o wrote:

The OG hope brakes are a cool choice! Not a fan of the gear + dropper cables though, grips are a bit much as well

I'm definitely a less is more guy. I reckon Hope colour hubs is enough for any raw sorta frame.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 13:18 Quote
threeofswords wrote:
BSheldon wrote:
Will4X wrote:

waiting on a oneup fork & a cane creek dropper...

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 13:21 Quote
red-o wrote:
green pedals. green chain. maybe green stanchions too..

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 18:08 Quote
I'm gonna say it - tan walls look good on that bike. De-sticker the Marzocchi, trim down the steerer and it's in contention.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 19:39 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
I'm gonna say it - tan walls look good on that bike. De-sticker the Marzocchi, trim down the steerer and it's in contention.

I'm kinda nit picking..but a all black cassette would look smashing vs the black and silver.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 20:01 Quote
Can't say I disagree with you, fair point. Something about that one just looks right. Does something for me.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 20:18 Quote
red-o wrote:

I like the look of this one - but I prefer the old frame design's lines

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 23:53 Quote
prancisfena wrote:

I like the look of this one - but I prefer the old frame design's lines

Does anyone know if the lower seat stays are just on smaller Pace frames, or is it a design change?

Moxie needs to lose the pedals and tidy up the cables.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014751
Mobile Version of Website