The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: May 4, 2020 at 22:55 Quote
red-o wrote:

Beautiful.

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 23:04 Quote
scotteh wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
rideonjon wrote:
Looks like they forgot to drop the brick on this one!

For some reason no bowling balls are used on the Surface.
Thank god, best looking Chromag by far IMO. Would love to own one someday. This one is a beauty.

Only problem is they are longer travel than I want. Would love one designed around a 120-130mm fork instead of 150mm.

Just get a tall crown race then. That's what I did in my Production Privee Shan. Which is designed for 140-160mm forks and I wanted to keep my 120mm fork. Production Privee sell an 18mm one to convert their 29er frame to B+. Needs a bit of work with a file to fit nicely, but other than that it just does what it's supposed to do.
Here's a photo: link

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 1:39 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Love that raw style with the orange fork... man you feeeeek!!!

Absolutely

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 5:04 Quote
Besides the unnecessarily long seat tube connection, the Marino is beautiful.

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 5:26 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Love that raw style with the orange fork... man you feeeeek!!!

Your perspective is sound.

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 5:30 Quote
red-o wrote:
red-o wrote:

Soupherb wrote:
Surface frame & decals look great, reminds me of the Swarf here (thread member)

I'm a worried about what might come out of such a build ... if you are thinking too mechanical you could ruin this frame easily ... it takes a very sensitive set of skills here, like those of the guy from Prova Cycles or our friend here, privateer...

I wouldn't go apeshit with the build on a frame like that. The details need emphasis, not a bunch of zany alu components or golden stanchions. The black on black CK parts all around, or maybe even matte black hubs, with a few little hints that shine, just a few!. Maybe a purple seat clamp and valves or something if you gotta go crazy.

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 6:49 Quote
Yeah, something like that would be fine

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 7:10 Quote
Yep. Keeping it mostly black would be best. I'd be curious to see how an all black kit would look on it with the exception of a set of Onyx neon yellow, pink or turquoise hubs. One of those choices you'd have to see in person to know if it would work, and it would rely on the rest of the build being blacked out to make the color pop without being gross.

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 8:52 Quote
red-o wrote:
red-o wrote:

Soupherb wrote:
Surface frame & decals look great, reminds me of the Swarf here (thread member)

I'm a worried about what might come out of such a build ... if you are thinking too mechanical you could ruin this frame easily ... it takes a very sensitive set of skills here, like those of the guy from Prova Cycles or our friend here, privateer...

I wouldn't go apeshit with the build on a frame like that. The details need emphasis, not a bunch of zany alu components or golden stanchions. The black on black CK parts all around, or maybe even matte black hubs, with a few little hints that shine, just a few!. Maybe a purple seat clamp and valves or something if you gotta go crazy.

Unfortunately, many frames will suffer .. some will get blinged silly, people just can't help themselves!

Ingrid components crankset/chainring needs to make it on at least one build, maybe a European buyer

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 9:36 Quote
You know, I wanted to order some dang tanwall dampfs months ago so I could jump on the tanny bandwagon and piss a bunch of you off. Now by the time I get some the fad will be over and I'll look like a poser. I did have a bike with tanwalls (commuter) and it was stolen, so there's that too.

Such is life..

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 9:40 Quote
You know, I wanted to order some dang tanwall dampfs months ago so I could jump on the tanny bandwagon and piss a bunch of you off. Now by the time I get some the fad will be over and I'll look like a poser. I did have a bike with tanwalls (commuter) and it was stolen, so there's that too.

Such is life..

You can apply for coolvid relief grant. These will be given out in this time of need in order to flatten the curve of pose...Apply quickly and your freak factor could be extended throughout the summer... if not into the fall given a second wave of delivery hold ups....

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 11:45 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Such is life..

You can apply for coolvid relief grant. These will be given out in this time of need in order to flatten the curve of pose...Apply quickly and your freak factor could be extended throughout the summer... if not into the fall given a second wave of delivery hold ups....

Yeah, maybe I could send Schwalbe or Tervail an application for covid tire relief. I have so much more time to ride due to a decrease in employment these treads will be flat by September.

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 12:46 Quote
Follow f*ckyeahhardtail on Insta by any chance? Or is it you?Smile
red-o wrote:

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 12:59 Quote
No, I'm not, one alias is enough lol

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013388
Mobile Version of Website