The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 3:36 Quote
i really dislike the hello dave and big dog frames for their bent seatstays Frown i know they're nice for compliance and chainstay mounted brake calipers, but still... bent seatstays always look like an error in frame building to me. othdr than that, this bike is an amazing build - the part are unfortunately wasted to this ugly frame.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
i really dislike the hello dave and big dog frames for their bent seatstays Frown i know they're nice for compliance and chainstay mounted brake calipers, but still... bent seatstays always look like an error in frame building to me. othdr than that, this bike is an amazing build - the part are unfortunately wasted to this ugly frame.

Them bent chainstays are a f*cking pain in the ass.. can’t use a two pot calliper with a 180mm rotor, but can use it with a 160mm rotor. (Hello Dave)..

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 10:19 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
i know they're nice for compliance

There is no compliance. It's a triangle, in order for any "compliance" to come from any seatstay you need something else in the triangle to flex, the seattube isn't flexing and the chainstays aren't going to flex.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 19:51 Quote
dagzin wrote:
nullzwo wrote:

Them bent chainstays are a f*cking pain in the ass.. can’t use a two pot calliper with a 180mm rotor, but can use it with a 160mm rotor. (Hello Dave)..
Weren't the Hello Dave's the rebadged / reclaimed Sick frames? Them clowns couldn't design for shit so no surprise there's issues like that.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 19:52 Quote
How do you figure the frame is 100% rigid, there is ALWAYS flex, how much varies.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 20:12 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
There is no compliance. It's a triangle, in order for any "compliance" to come from any seatstay you need something else in the triangle to flex, the seattube isn't flexing and the chainstays aren't going to flex.

This statement is fundamentally wrong.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 20:34 Quote
Probably thinks that since bridges are built with triangle they don't flex either.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 21:14 Quote
Everything is flexible...

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 21:25 Quote
I'm not very flexible

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 21:29 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
I'm not very flexible
Needs moar pressure!

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 23:12 Quote
The shape of the seatstays definitely offers more vertical compliance. It's not their invention, a lot of builders used this design detail before them, look at Jones frames as an example... but if you can't use two calipers with 180mm rotors, that's a bummer!....

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 23:42 Quote
According to guy Kestevens ride review the v3 frames will be able to run at least a 180mm rotor.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 9:59 Quote
Nice. Anyone have any info on those rims? Silver 29’s is what Im after.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 10:07 Quote
these are newmen sl a.30 limited ews edition rims, laced to onyx hubs.

this is my bike.l, thanks for sharing.
ask me anything.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014612
Mobile Version of Website