The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 18:03 Quote
commental wrote:
I also didn't know Fox made a 300mm drop Transfer. Razz

That's a 425mm easy! And yes... Something is way off on the photo perspective.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 19:08 Quote
commental wrote:
Really strange perspective on that photo. HA looks about 75 degrees and the wheelbase about 950mm. Or is it me? I fully acknowledge it could be. lol
this is what it looks when you’re over 6’3”. Always looking down at stuff.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 7:42 Quote
boomshot007 wrote:
I wish Stanton would fabricate proper singlespeed dropouts.

whats wrong with them? just asking as I'm considering a switchback ssp to replace my slowly dying ns surge...

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 9:44 Quote
Horizontal dropouts instead of proper sliders like the Honzo. I also believe the Singlespeed dropouts on the Stanton’s are 135mm spaced. Most guys I’ve seen running singlespeed on Stanton’s are using a tensioner.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
boomshot007 wrote:
Horizontal dropouts instead of proper sliders like the Honzo. I also believe the Singlespeed dropouts on the Stanton’s are 135mm spaced. Most guys I’ve seen running singlespeed on Stanton’s are using a tensioner.
well, if a tensioner like the surly tuggnut does the job, I'm in. 135mm spacing is no problem, as my surge already comes with that... other options (geometrywise) are a custom frame or getting another surge. running one of these jockey wheel tensioners is not an option. thanks anyway, that was helpful.

i'll keep looking. my last build wasted so much money, there's none left to spend atm. nothing's gonna happen before fall (or the old frame cracking properly)

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 13:05 Quote
I really like the 1st shot of that Moxie. Moody lighting and are those marks on the floor behind the back wheel or stuff hanging in the spokes? It's playing tricks on my eyes, I keep thinking I see bent spokes.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 13:52 Quote
red-o wrote:
photo
photo
Ditch the fork decals, maybe tidy the hoses up and its a killer looking bike. One of my favorite Moxie"s so far.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
Ive got that same hammer, $5 dollar bin at the hardware store.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 14:14 Quote
Yep, get rid of the forc decals and Take a Grey/silver fork. Would bei Killer! The frame itself is already outstanding as IT IS. probably the Most beautiful of all.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 21:14 Quote
My eyes keep going to the mix match spoke nipples. Like pics of dirty bikes instead of showroom art with no pedals but would like to see this one clean.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 21:16 Quote
I like her dirty. f*cking proper slack too !

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 4:48 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
boomshot007 wrote:
well, if a tensioner like the surly tuggnut does the job, I'm in. 135mm spacing is no problem, as my surge already comes with that... other options (geometrywise) are a custom frame or getting another surge. running one of these jockey wheel tensioners is not an option. thanks anyway, that was helpful.

i'll keep looking. my last build wasted so much money, there's none left to spend atm. nothing's gonna happen before fall (or the old frame cracking properly)

I think he means a chain tensioner?

Horizontal dropouts can work perfectly (see BTR) and of done well 135 thru or bolt up works absolutely perfectly. It the stantons are slipping it’s one issue (customer issue) if they don’t allow proper adjustment then that’s just poor design.

Here’s a pic of BTR’s solution. The bike is in this thread.

https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/17371161/

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 6:42 Quote
Drop Out
heinous wrote:
nullzwo wrote:
boomshot007 wrote:

I think he means a chain tensioner?

Horizontal dropouts can work perfectly (see BTR) and of done well 135 thru or bolt up works absolutely perfectly. It the stantons are slipping it’s one issue (customer issue) if they don’t allow proper adjustment then that’s just poor design.

Here’s a pic of BTR’s solution. The bike is in this thread.

https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/17371161/

fixed it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.088554
Mobile Version of Website