The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 7:10 Quote
Even that has a compromise... brake calipers should move with the axle path... Kona has some of the best dropouts for that.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 8:19 Quote
The Kona dropouts are perfect, even better than paragon. Other companies should learn from them.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 8:50 Quote
Agreed. The sliders on my Radimis Ti are similar to the Kona’s and have been flawless for the last year of hard riding.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 11:43 Quote
thanks guys, really appreciate all your input. kona uses the same dropouts as pipedream, don't they? have them on my moxie. i guess they work well, but not convinced on the looks. the ranger system looks close to what surly does. nice, but over budget i guess.

the slider dropouts on my surge seem to move under heavy pedaling (one of my super powers, ask that garbaruk cassette) but they dont have the adjustment bolt. track end style dropouts in 135 mm will work fine for me, if used with a thru bolt and a proper chaintug. at least no worries on my SSP inbred klunker.

main question is: what frames are out there (europe), that allow SSP without tensioner? geometry should play along the lines of the large NS surge, maybe +25mm reach but not more, or the 16,5" switchback (that has a low bb already)? kinda light 27,5" 140 mm dirtbike. it's gonna be a budget thing. if i was to spend another grand on a frame, it'll be custom made. i am actually eyeing used frames atm.

maybe it's easiest to have the surge welded or just get another one...

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 12:14 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
main question is: what frames are out there (europe), that allow SSP without tensioner? geometry should play along the lines of the large NS surge, maybe +25mm reach but not more, or the 16,5" switchback (that has a low bb already)? kinda light 27,5" 140 mm dirtbike. it's gonna be a budget thing. if i was to spend another grand on a frame, it'll be custom made. i am actually eyeing used frames atm.

maybe it's easiest to have the surge welded or just get another one...

Not really much. I am going to have a custom built by Marino for kind of the same thing. TBH I'd just have the Surge welded back up if you like it.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 12:32 Quote
nice find, red-o. posh.

last pic shows very well how modern camera software can't really handle bike photos.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 12:40 Quote
That kingdom looks rad with the blue components.

Brake lever position is a bit odd though.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 12:59 Quote
Henry1er wrote:
That kingdom looks rad with the blue components.

Brake lever position is a bit odd though.
Super aggressive forward riding position? levers

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 13:02 Quote
Good looking bike, swap out those grips & sweet

tup

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 14:29 Quote
Interesting that the fork's got pinch bolts for the axle. That didn't work out too well last time.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
Once that fork sags those brake levers will be pointing backwards.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 20:36 Quote
Its actually super comfortable on the wrists if you have bad ones....

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 22:10 Quote
Might have to try it out.

I've been running my levers almost level for a while.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 22:40 Quote
To a point. If they are pointing backwards you’ll end up with bad wrists when you go over the bars.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015849
Mobile Version of Website