The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 12:47 Quote
AWESOME Marino!

If I had one made, I'd want it to turn out looking just like that.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 16:29 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
red-o wrote:

That is a sweet Marino!
Very much so.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 22:06 Quote

Mullet Reynolds 853 and Zona tubing custom by Oliver Lambert.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 23:56 Quote
matther01 wrote:

Mullet Reynolds 853 and Zona tubing custom by Oliver Lambert.

I like that! Want to see more of it!

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 2:08 Quote
red-o wrote:

nice bike but too many fenders and colors make it ugly

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 2:23 Quote
matther01 wrote:

Yeh I like that a lot! Good find matther01!

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 2:36 Quote
This mullet trend has to die....

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 3:45 Quote
zonoskar wrote:

Why?

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 3:45 Quote
That Lambert Frame is immaculate. agreed on the mullet sentiment(not my thing, despite some preferring the ride characteristics), would love to see a high end spec on it.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 4:08 Quote
Among you guys who do not like mullets, have you tried some, and if so, what's to dislike? I haven't tried one yet but am curious / interested. Especially when I see this kind of beautiful build.

I don't get how it could NOT work (considering a frame and forks that are designed for it, providing good geometry etc).

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 4:54 Quote
TibZ wrote:
Among you guys who do not like mullets, have you tried some, and if so, what's to dislike? I haven't tried one yet but am curious / interested. Especially when I see this kind of beautiful build.

I don't get how it could NOT work (considering a frame and forks that are designed for it, providing good geometry etc).

Is the Lambert a Mullet specific design?

I think the best application would be 4x/dual slalom racing, on trail reducing the rear wheel rollover is not a characteristic I like. The additional BB drop and slackening of the HA are also things that I am not looking to further accentuate by having to make accommodations - shorter crank arms, etc.

If I lived in a much more vertically oriented area(not Minnesota), where I had thousands of feet of elevation I'd take a look again. But wouldn't want to suffer for the potential gain on the descent by struggling on the ascent...

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 6:18 Quote
dagzin wrote:
zonoskar wrote:

Why?

Not aesthetic.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 6:27 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
TibZ wrote:

Is the Lambert a Mullet specific design?

I think the best application would be 4x/dual slalom racing, on trail reducing the rear wheel rollover is not a characteristic I like. The additional BB drop and slackening of the HA are also things that I am not looking to further accentuate by having to make accommodations - shorter crank arms, etc.

If I lived in a much more vertically oriented area(not Minnesota), where I had thousands of feet of elevation I'd take a look again. But wouldn't want to suffer for the potential gain on the descent by struggling on the ascent...

I believe it has been designed as a mullet frame

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017921
Mobile Version of Website