The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 21:33 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
DIYsandvich wrote:
Chromag Rootdown
Custom Chromag Rootdown. I got some orange Raceface grips and orange brake cable that I still need to put on eventually.

Definitely not thread worthy.. ..what your doing with the orange accents, hurts my eyes

With the orange accents the bike is naive, without them is boring.

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 23:29 Quote
i dont like the orange hoses either, but except that i really like it. This is the wrong thread though - it belongs into the aggressive hardtail-thread. Not bling-bling-sexy enough. more like "i get the job done-sexy-and-that-makes-me-dirty".

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 3:48 Quote
That mech looks soooo close to the ground.....

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 4:43 Quote
DIYsandvich wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
maybe you didn't read the opening post as suggested in the title.

*NO POSTING YOUR OWN BIKE Unless It is really desirable to the hardtail connoisseur and not just to yourself. AKA no generic of the shelfl to mid range hardtails with a few shiny additions.

I read the opening. It said you just risk getting heckled if you post your own hardtail, so I figured it was low consequence if people hated it, so heckle away I guess, and i'll make sure to refrain from posting here in the future.

How about we stop being dicks about this?
I’ve been here since page one, my bike isn’t thread worthy but it’s in the other one.
Why not politely steer people there in the first instance then, if they persist, as some have done, they can face the criticism.

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 6:14 Quote
Sweet Chromag. When was the last time a 26" frame hit these pages? Jinya's Gypsy?

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 6:32 Quote
skater73 wrote:
DIYsandvich wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

*NO POSTING YOUR OWN BIKE Unless It is really desirable to the hardtail connoisseur and not just to yourself. AKA no generic of the shelfl to mid range hardtails with a few shiny additions.

I read the opening. It said you just risk getting heckled if you post your own hardtail, so I figured it was low consequence if people hated it, so heckle away I guess, and i'll make sure to refrain from posting here in the future.

I’ve been here since page one, my bike isn’t thread worthy but it’s in the other one.
Why not politely steer people there in the first instance then, if they persist, as some have done, they can face the criticism.

Alternatively, people can do as requested in the title, or not. Personally I don't feel bad for anyone who ignores that request if it subsequently doesn't work out for them.

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 6:48 Quote
Oh hey she made it here! Guess the 3 month restoration and build was worth it tup

red-o wrote:

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 6:51 Quote
That guy inspired me to build that Chromag frame up top 5-6 years ago. Currently on its 3rd iteration. Second one was featured here as well Beer

commental wrote:
Sweet Chromag. When was the last time a 26" frame hit these pages? Jinya's Gypsy?

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 7:27 Quote
Since it came up....

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 7:57 Quote
I feel like there could be a STRONG cult market for modern geo, 26", all-mountain hardtails...

I'd get one.

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 8:40 Quote
BTR Fabrications has one or two in their lineup ..

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 8:48 Quote
skater73 wrote:
DIYsandvich wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

I think its easier just to let them get on with it and stay away if people cant play nicely. There's bigger fish to fry than someone getting upset about forum rules.

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 8:54 Quote
bigquotesPeople who still post their own bike open them selfs up to subject to a Roasting by the members of this thread in the same lines as comedians do to each other, we will be super pedantic and pick out any little flaws in your bike and build. Your feeling may get hurt, but you know the risk.

Be butthurt, it's good entertainment.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014716
Mobile Version of Website