The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 12:48 Quote
Couldn't live with that color scheme on a dat to day basis.

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 13:17 Quote
I just don't understand taking Orange's entry level aluminium frame and covering it in all of this expensive jewellery!
I did try and qualify (on insta) why the owner bought this frame and not as P7 which would have complimented the component choices nicely (not the colour) and I genuinely think that he bought the frame because of the colour.
Let's face it, a harsh Aluminium HT frame (as the Crush is) is still a harsh aluminium frame regardless of components......

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
I just don't understand taking Orange's entry level aluminium frame and covering it in all of this expensive jewellery!
I did try and qualify (on insta) why the owner bought this frame and not as P7 which would have complimented the component choices nicely (not the colour) and I genuinely think that he bought the frame because of the colour.
Let's face it, a harsh Aluminium HT frame (as the Crush is) is still a harsh aluminium frame regardless of components......
Personal preference I suppose.

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 14:06 Quote
Bigwill13 wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
Personal preference I suppose.
Would look really nice with just the purple hubs, the rest of the bits black, not really into those flashy colored rotors much either. Yep personal preference.

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 15:35 Quote
wythall1 wrote:

Within a week, they will be back on the susser .. that's the rider AND those parts too lol

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 15:38 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
wythall1 wrote:

Within a week, they will be back on the susser .. that's the rider AND those parts too lol

lol

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 20:29 Quote

Wow, that is beautiful. But why isn't there a red Lyrik on there?

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 20:38 Quote
Might work but maybe to matchy matchy.

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 20:40 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
dagzin wrote:
That’s a lovely put together kona. The little silver is a big win..

Yep, super well done, down to the insitu photos. Didn't realize how many graphics were on it. Kona should hire this person, cause their bikes always look super lame on the site
Yeah me neither till this photo... I am liking it, war paint.

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 20:46 Quote
slaker wrote:
Might work but maybe to matchy matchy.

Will try to remember this, as I wanted the red Lyrik when I get a Honzo ESD

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 23:44 Quote
Might work if you repaint it in the same red and put white decals on it...

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 12:40 Quote
Anyone have recs for a modern-geo hardtail frame that's non-boost? I'm looking to build something that will be compatible with my current 27.5" wheelset. Or a mullet.

Honzo and just run the smaller wheel out back to slacken the HTA? Chromag wideangle?

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 12:47 Quote
adamweld wrote:
Anyone have recs for a modern-geo hardtail frame that's non-boost? I'm looking to build something that will be compatible with my current 27.5" wheelset. Or a mullet.

Honzo and just run the smaller wheel out back to slacken the HTA? Chromag wideangle?

Just get a boost hub and re-lace your old rims to it. If you don't know how to build a wheel, learn! It's a vital skill if you smash rims/spokes regularly. I think I laced my first wheel in middle school.... Has been a valuable lesson I've used over and over ever since.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
Or, see if you can get boost adapters for the rear hub. If it’s a DT or Hope hub I know it’s possible to swap endcaps and use a rotor spacer.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 13:04 Quote
adamweld wrote:

I believe most the Stantons come with swap out dropouts so you can run either , just have to have the non boost swap out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014597
Mobile Version of Website