The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 23:29 Quote
Poopy forks, no thanks.
Also seat angle is ridiculous.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 23:42 Quote
Rotor cranks are so nice. The engineering is 1st class!

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 23:56 Quote
Reposted here, I hope you agree...

2004vizsla wrote:
new Pipedream Ti Moxie that I just built up

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 0:41 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Chameleon

That’s abit of a come down after them kona’s, that seat angle looks stupid now..

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 2:24 Quote
I can’t believe I’m saying it but they are way too long!

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 2:34 Quote
Bigwill13 wrote:

Maybe for you normal size humans.

It's nice but that's a lot of cash for 4130 isn't it?

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 4:15 Quote
Dimebolt22b wrote:
Bigwill13 wrote:

Maybe for you normal size humans.

It's nice but that's a lot of cash for 4130 isn't it?

Wow, at 6ft 3in (190cm), a bike where I wouldn't be on the biggest size. That's a properly short ST too.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 5:02 Quote
For whatever reason I don't love these Konas. Something is missing from the aesthetic.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 6:21 Quote
Bigwill13 wrote:

Nah they’re not I’m 5ft9 and ride a medium (long) ti version. I have a longer body and short legs so I prefer this type of frame. So I don’t find the length an issue at all.
It’s 10mm more in reach then the large Hello Dave, shorter chainstays and a lower bottom bracket. (Steel version)

Wish these guys all the luck with these steel versions..

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
threeofswords wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
Chameleon

That’s abit of a come down after them kona’s, that seat angle looks stupid now..

It's a cool bike, but more than anything the photos are just garbage. The rider is probably super tall, so there bikes will always look a bit shit. Do the Chameleons have really slack STAs?

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 7:10 Quote
The website says 72.8*, but with that kink in the seat tube, the effective is probably a lot slacker. The over forked front probably isn't helping either.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
threeofswords wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
Chameleon

It's a cool bike, but more than anything the photos are just garbage. The rider is probably super tall, so there bikes will always look a bit shit. Do the Chameleons have really slack STAs?

The photos where taken when my town was on fire. The sky was red. Seat angle hadn’t been messed with yet. It’s been adjusted. As has the post and lever angles. I hadn’t even ridden this yet when I took those.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 8:36 Quote
ski-n-bike-da-east wrote:
The website says 72.8*, but with that kink in the seat tube, the effective is probably a lot slacker. The over forked front probably isn't helping either.

Actually it fun as hell to ride. But you guys know best.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 8:37 Quote
dagzin wrote:
Bigwill13 wrote:

Nah they’re not I’m 5ft9 and ride a medium (long) ti version. I have a longer body and short legs so I prefer this type of frame. So I don’t find the length an issue at all.
It’s 10mm more in reach then the large Hello Dave, shorter chainstays and a lower bottom bracket. (Steel version)

Wish these guys all the luck with these steel versions..

Sounds perfect. Nice build.

Noticed your seat is about like mine and no comments. Lol. I don’t know about you but I put my seats on so they’re comfortable for me to ride... not to look cool in pictures.

That bike looks fun as hell. I loved my z1 and the z2 is a great fork. Just a bit too small for me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019855
Mobile Version of Website