The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 9:02 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
The photos where taken when my town was on fire. The sky was red. Seat angle hadn’t been messed with yet. It’s been adjusted. As has the post and lever angles. I hadn’t even ridden this yet when I took those.

Rule #7

*NO POSTING YOUR OWN BIKE

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 9:03 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
threeofswords wrote:

That’s abit of a come down after them kona’s, that seat angle looks stupid now..

It's a cool bike, but more than anything the photos are just garbage. The rider is probably super tall, so there bikes will always look a bit shit. Do the Chameleons have really slack STAs?

The photos where taken when my town was on fire. The sky was red. Seat angle hadn’t been messed with yet. It’s been adjusted. As has the post and lever angles. I hadn’t even ridden this yet when I took those.

This is a tough crowd, haha. It's a super nice build, but the composition and quality of the photo doesn't do it justice.

I actually have mixed feelings about super steep STAs, depending on the types of trails ridden. Super steep means almost mandatory dropper usage, whereas a bit more relaxed means it's a bit more comfortable to keep the seat up on shorter/less steep descents if there are lots of ups & downs. Better on a hardtail where out of the saddle climbs aren't hell. On my bigger full sus I like it more upright cause most climbs are just sit & spin .

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 9:18 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

Rule #7

*NO POSTING YOUR OWN BIKE

I didn’t read the first post. Sorry about that.

Well not really. But it’s the right thing to say.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 9:24 Quote
threeofswords wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
Chameleon

photo

photo

That’s abit of a come down after them kona’s, that seat angle looks stupid now..

It's a cool bike, but more than anything the photos are just garbage. The rider is probably super tall, so there bikes will always look a bit shit. Do the Chameleons have really slack STAs?
Brown filter!

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 9:26 Quote
Definitely not how I'd spec a fork on that bike.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 9:38 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:

This is a tough crowd, haha. It's a super nice build, but the composition and quality of the photo doesn't do it justice.

I actually have mixed feelings about super steep STAs, depending on the types of trails ridden. Super steep means almost mandatory dropper usage, whereas a bit more relaxed means it's a bit more comfortable to keep the seat up on shorter/less steep descents if there are lots of ups & downs. Better on a hardtail where out of the saddle climbs aren't hell. On my bigger full sus I like it more upright cause most climbs are just sit & spin .

Agreed.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Definitely not how I'd spec a fork on that bike.

What would you spec?

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 9:40 Quote
Probably a 34, it's a chameleon for Pete's sake.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Probably a 34, it's a chameleon for Pete's sake.

You skinny?

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 9:57 Quote
Seat angle is probably hovering near 70 degrees. Hard pass.

Also, frankly, those mismatched colours are straightup ugly. How'd this get in thread?

Edit; oh you posted your own bike. Explains a lot.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 10:10 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:

How do you adjust the seat angle - the tubes are welded together. Also that fork is just way too much for that bike.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 10:32 Quote
Just the right amount of colored accents.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 11:47 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
dagzin wrote:
Bigwill13 wrote:

I can’t believe I’m saying it but they are way too long!

Nah they’re not I’m 5ft9 and ride a medium (long) ti version. I have a longer body and short legs so I prefer this type of frame. So I don’t find the length an issue at all.
It’s 10mm more in reach then the large Hello Dave, shorter chainstays and a lower bottom bracket. (Steel version)

Wish these guys all the luck with these steel versions..

Sounds perfect. Nice build.

Noticed your seat is about like mine and no comments. Lol. I don’t know about you but I put my seats on so they’re comfortable for me to ride... not to look cool in pictures.

That bike looks fun as hell. I loved my z1 and the z2 is a great fork. Just a bit too small for me.

What? My seat?? Sorry don’t know what your chatting about my seat and no comments

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.037948
Mobile Version of Website