The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
Bigwill13 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Soon see this built up, nice frame
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGsQxJRnDiu/?igshid=1l2o5ajfifq1x

More please
He’s only just painted it. Can’t wait to see it built up.

What? It was at least 24hrs ago (paint) lol
Too good an opportunity for social media ..hoping the build matches the frame in both sexiness and style

Here's to hoping

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 10:16 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Bigwill13 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Soon see this built up, nice frame
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGsQxJRnDiu/?igshid=1l2o5ajfifq1x

More please

Too good an opportunity for social media ..hoping the build matches the frame in both sexiness and style

Here's to hoping
He works there so he definitely has access to ohlins. so that'd be nice.

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
hmstuna wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:

It's a cool bike, but more than anything the photos are just garbage. The rider is probably super tall, so there bikes will always look a bit shit. Do the Chameleons have really slack STAs?

The photos where taken when my town was on fire. The sky was red. Seat angle hadn’t been messed with yet. It’s been adjusted. As has the post and lever angles. I hadn’t even ridden this yet when I took those.

How do you adjust the seat angle - the tubes are welded together. Also that fork is just way too much for that bike.

I think he thinks your talking about seat tilt and your actually talking about seat tube angle.

Two different things,and that Chameleon is hideous.

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 12:09 Quote
Bigwill13 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Bigwill13 wrote:

Here's to hoping

I think I'm alone when I say I'm a bit bored of Stantons. Don't know why they just don't do it for me anymore. A mate had a mk1 Slackline in blue with white Fox forks, full XT and a few gold and white accents. Full mid 2010s spec and ticked every box for me, they just haven't tickled my pecker since.

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 15:31 Quote
Dimebolt22b wrote:
Bigwill13 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Too good an opportunity for social media ..hoping the build matches the frame in both
sexiness and style

Here's to hoping

I think I'm alone when I say I'm a bit bored of Stantons. Don't know why they just don't do it for me anymore. A mate had a mk1 Slackline in blue with white Fox forks, full XT and a few gold and white accents. Full mid 2010s spec and ticked every box for me, they just haven't tickled my pecker since.
I’ve just bought a gen 3 switchback. Although I don’t have it yet. I’ve never really liked them until recently. I’ve always had ally hardtails but I’m really keen for a steel bike. It just ticked a lot of boxes for me. But yeah I get what you mean. There’s a lot of really old fashioned looking builds about but I’m going for the stealthy, modern look.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 4:32 Quote
Dimebolt22b wrote:
Bigwill13 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Here's to hoping

"When your this consistent, you most likely are pretty damn good, but fail to get noticed quite as often"

Marketing media obviously works, but so does a reliable product that changes only when it needs to. Stanton has a winning formula here

That paint job is the exception for me regarding Stanton, I pretty much ignore most Stanton builds..

why?

Too 'Samey', but that's why they are so good!

Well, they have been around for ages, so familiarity has killed enthusiasm, they release a new bike ..it's barely any different (more on that later) plus, you want them to do something drastic

Decals - no biggie really, but I prefer more discreet, I can't overlook them, especially as bars and finishing kit are gross.
I would remove the headtube badge for sure, tidy up the front end

If it ain't broke.. - their geometry is solid, no need for them to change much - look at all the other competing british manufacturers, they change like the wind..only to follow Stanton's lead..
That silhouette/shape is pretty damn good, nice lines

Having ridden pretty much every incarnation, I still think their 9er (2020) is the best hardtail I have ever ridden

Also, Slaker has beasted his Stanton's daily ..for years and I value his opinion. If they were unreliable, he would have told us

This post is not directed at you Dimebolt, I have been thinking roughly the same as you for years, but acted on your post, as felt it was time! tup

Giving Stanton some love as have overlooked them too often

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 5:53 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Dimebolt22b wrote:
Bigwill13 wrote:

"When your this consistent, you most likely are pretty damn good, but fail to get noticed quite as often"

Marketing media obviously works, but so does a reliable product that changes only when it needs to. Stanton has a winning formula here

That paint job is the exception for me regarding Stanton, I pretty much ignore most Stanton builds..

why?

Well, they have been around for ages, so familiarity has killed enthusiasm, they release a new bike ..it's barely any different (more on that later) plus, you want them to do something drastic

Decals - no biggie really, but I prefer more discreet, I can't overlook them, especially as bars and finishing kit are gross.

If it ain't broke.. - their geometry is solid, no need for them to change much - look at all the other competing british manufacturers, they change like the wind..only to follow Stanton's lead..

Having ridden pretty much every incarnation, I still think their 9er (2020) is the best hardtail I have ever ridden

Also, Slaker has beasted his Stanton's daily ..for years and I value his opinion. If they were unreliable, he would have told us

This post is not directed at you Dimebolt, I have been thinking roughly the same as you for years, but acted on your post, as felt it was time! tup

Good summation. tup

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 12:10 Quote
Snowing here in Colorado Springs, it's always HT season but even more so now. Bring on the new winter HT build.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Dimebolt22b wrote:
Bigwill13 wrote:

why?

Totally agree mate. If it ain't broke etc.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 13:28 Quote
I love those green and blue stantons of a few years back that had the ghost logos all over them. They just remind me of baddass 70’s muscle cars for some reason. I would buy one of those if it presented itself to me just for that alone.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 14:07 Quote
[Quote="red-o"]
photo

Very late to the party. This is stunning and with a few minor changes for me would be perfect as contender of the year. Black grips, pure black cranks and pedals...possibly remove fork decals (or subdue with hints of copper).

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 14:11 Quote
[Quote="matther01"]
red-o wrote:
photo

Very late to the party. This is stunning and with a few minor changes for me would be perfect as contender of the year. Black grips, pure black cranks and pedals...possibly remove fork decals (or subdue with hints of copper).

beautiful, but there is too much gold

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 14:16 Quote
[Quote="red-o"]
photo

Utterly sublime colour combos, but the frame geo seems a bit upright. Still very attractive.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 14:19 Quote
[Quote="longjohnsilver63"]
matther01 wrote:
red-o wrote:
photo

beautiful, but there is too much gold

Aye, maybe a black chain too. Something to offset the back wheel to the main frame. It feels vintage to me, but to some may scream Louis Vuitton! lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.052251
Mobile Version of Website