The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 5:18 Quote
matther01 wrote:
Bigwill13 wrote:
Dimebolt22b wrote:

I think I'm alone when I say I'm a bit bored of Stantons. Don't know why they just don't do it for me anymore. A mate had a mk1 Slackline in blue with white Fox forks, full XT and a few gold and white accents. Full mid 2010s spec and ticked every box for me, they just haven't tickled my pecker since.
I’ve just bought a gen 3 switchback. Although I don’t have it yet. I’ve never really liked them until recently. I’ve always had ally hardtails but I’m really keen for a steel bike. It just ticked a lot of boxes for me. But yeah I get what you mean. There’s a lot of really old fashioned looking builds about but I’m going for the stealthy, modern look.

Had 3. The original Ti slackline was a great bike, but just couldn't get on with the Switchbacks. I swear it was the stouter tubing that made all day rides literally a pain. If they made a Slackline with the same geo as the Switchback and from 853 then it could be a very special bike indeed. It was kind of what I was after in my Spline and it hasn't disappointed.
I’ve only gone for the 4130 version. But coming from a nukeproof scout it will be way more comfortable. Most of my riding is dh or flow trail so it will not be a problem

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 8:47 Quote
Bigwill13 wrote:
matther01 wrote:
Bigwill13 wrote:

I’ve just bought a gen 3 switchback. Although I don’t have it yet. I’ve never really liked them until recently. I’ve always had ally hardtails but I’m really keen for a steel bike. It just ticked a lot of boxes for me. But yeah I get what you mean. There’s a lot of really old fashioned looking builds about but I’m going for the stealthy, modern look.

Had 3. The original Ti slackline was a great bike, but just couldn't get on with the Switchbacks. I swear it was the stouter tubing that made all day rides literally a pain. If they made a Slackline with the same geo as the Switchback and from 853 then it could be a very special bike indeed. It was kind of what I was after in my Spline and it hasn't disappointed.
I’ve only gone for the 4130 version. But coming from a nukeproof scout it will be way more comfortable. Most of my riding is dh or flow trail so it will not be a problem

I wouldn't be so sure. I rode a friends brand new Scout 290 yesterday and was blown away by the ride compliance. On a par with any steel bike (except the Shan GT) I've ridden.

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
Dimebolt22b wrote:
Bigwill13 wrote:
matther01 wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure. I rode a friends brand new Scout 290 yesterday and was blown away by the ride compliance. On a par with any steel bike (except the Shan GT) I've ridden.

Mine was 275. I never really give much thought to the ride to be honest. As long as it rips and is fun. Smile

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 9:52 Quote
Bigwill13 wrote:

." I never really give much thought to the ride to be honest. As long as it rips and is fun. Smile "

[/Quote] @Slaker " This"

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 10:37 Quote
slaker wrote:
Bigwill13 wrote:

." I never really give much thought to the ride to be honest. As long as it rips and is fun. Smile "

@Slaker " This"[/Quote

Wink

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 11:05 Quote
red-o wrote:
photo

Sweet ride for sure!

I do however struggle with the fact that that is a £800 4130 frame!
You can have a Cotic BFe with an 853 front triangle for £595!

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 11:14 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
red-o wrote:
photo

Sweet ride for sure!

Especially as a couple months ago they were £350!! Not sure where the price hike has come from.....

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 11:17 Quote
red-o wrote:
photo

Some really interesting parts choices on this build, anyone know what those brakes are? Pretty sure I've never come across them

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 11:23 Quote
Dav82 wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
red-o wrote:
photo

Sweet ride for sure!

Especially as a couple months ago they were £350!! Not sure where the price hike has come from.....
Would be a shame if they are taking advantage of the pandemic related bike shortage crises.

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 11:30 Quote
james-skipper wrote:
red-o wrote:
photo

Some really interesting parts choices on this build, anyone know what those brakes are? Pretty sure I've never come across them

I think they're from a company called Brake Force One.

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 11:39 Quote
slaker wrote:
Dav82 wrote:
wythall1 wrote:

Sweet ride for sure!

Would be a shame if they are taking advantage of the pandemic related bike shortage crises.

Hopefully not that! Prices tend to go crazy high at times then drop back down to ‘normal’. Been happening for a couple of years so maybe it’ll drop again at some point....

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 11:59 Quote
Dav82 wrote:
slaker wrote:
Dav82 wrote:

Hopefully not that! Prices tend to go crazy high at times then drop back down to ‘normal’. Been happening for a couple of years so maybe it’ll drop again at some point....

They'll be £99 for a day sooner or later! lol

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 12:17 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
Dav82 wrote:
slaker wrote:

They'll be £99 for a day sooner or later! lol

Ha! Probably!!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.038949
Mobile Version of Website