The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 1:11 Quote
aribr wrote:
onemind123 wrote:
red-o wrote:

I am disappointed that with the trickstuff brakeset, intend fork, belt driven gearbox that those were the best pedals to complete the package ????

Edit - what am I looking at for valve stems on this?

Don't know about the valves, but given the build, I'm guessing those are $300 HT AE03 pedals with a titanium spindle...not exactly piss poor. Cool build!

Hutchinson, as the tires?

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 1:56 Quote
jph406 wrote:
WPUK wrote:

Love this bike. Love purple and deep carbon wheels. Looks likes a monster truck.

Should have a glossy fork though, then it would be perfect.

matther01 wrote:
zonoskar wrote:
Has this one been posted? I don't like the cranks, but apart from that, nice looking bike.

Hey...those are awesome cranks. I for-goed many a dental filling for those. Lol
Here's my problem with the eewings. They look super cool in the box and in your hand, but not many bikes wear them well IMHO. In this case, I would expect black cranks.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 2:23 Quote

This thing is pretty much perfect IMO.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 5:37 Quote
[/Quote]
Here's my problem with the eewings. They look super cool in the box and in your hand, but not many bikes wear them well IMHO. In this case, I would expect black cranks.[/Quote]

Not on this build. It's my modern interpretation of a 90's Fat Chance Yo Eddy that I could never afford growing up. At the very beginning it had black XTs. It was not a sexy look. Lol

I'd like to polish the eeWings up instead of the brushed finish they have, but absolutely no time at the moment.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 5:40 Quote
Dimebolt22b wrote:

This thing is pretty much perfect IMO.

Overall, lovely. I know external cables aren't sexy, but they're hidden well on this build. So much easier to work on too. Those fork decals need changing though.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 6:01 Quote
I am mostly annoyed by the fact that have seemed to cut up a regular Kingdom frame and welded in a Pinion mount. Would be nice if they had just used full length chainstays instead of cutting half of the yokes.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 6:16 Quote
Custom by Tannenwald...

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 9:15 Quote
red-o wrote:
And two of my all time BTR favorites

BTR Ranger

An oldie but very much a goodie! Just a great looking bike!

Makes a lovely change from looking at Kingdoms and Chromag and Chromags and Chromags and...... Wink

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 12:33 Quote
I’m postin’ for a roastin’.

It’s the first custom El Roy I’ve seen photos of anywhere, and I may be biased but the last bike I built was nominated for hardtail of the year here so... lol

Mah new Marin El Roy

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 12:36 Quote
OMG posting own ride GTFO lol
Great looking bike, nice build that hasn't gone OTT with coloured parts, and a well-taken pic tup
Rear valve may be about 3mm off centrally aligned with tyre logo though? Razz

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 14:28 Quote
Charge262 wrote:

It’s the first custom El Roy I’ve seen photos of anywhere, and I may be biased but the last bike I built was nominated for hardtail of the year here so... lol

Mah new Marin El Roy

Tyres don’t line up.. Get the fk out. lol

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 18:12 Quote

Going to need to check my patent laws before I allow this one!! lol

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 18:44 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
red-o wrote:
And two of my all time BTR favorites

BTR Ranger

An oldie but very much a goodie! Just a great looking bike!

Makes a lovely change from looking at Kingdoms and Chromag and Chromags and Chromags and...... Wink
Definitely covers it all for the kind of bike we want to see in this thread...Would love to own one of those older BTR's...Such a bad ass bike and great pic. Im not as much into the sexy as I am the AM/FR/Enduro aspects.Love rowdy Hardtails.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 22:34 Quote
threeofswords wrote:
Charge262 wrote:

Mah new Marin El Roy

Tyres don’t line up.. Get the fk out. lol

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 22:49 Quote
matther01 wrote:
Here's my problem with the eewings. They look super cool in the box and in your hand, but not many bikes wear them well IMHO. In this case, I would expect black cranks.[/Quote]

Not on this build. It's my modern interpretation of a 90's Fat Chance Yo Eddy that I could never afford growing up. At the very beginning it had black XTs. It was not a sexy look. Lol

I'd like to polish the eeWings up instead of the brushed finish they have, but absolutely no time at the moment.[/Quote]
I think if they where the oil slick ones with a silver or black ring to break the colour up they would look great. Such a nice bike though and not really anything wrong imho

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018957
Mobile Version of Website