The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: May 13, 2021 at 6:02 Quote
Mixed tire brands ... bleh. Other than that very nice Naked.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 7:14 Quote
Some pretty sexy frames coming out of Quadra Island

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 7:30 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Some pretty sexy frames coming out of Quadra Island

Indeed! I’ve always wanted to ride Quadra and swing by Naked

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 7:47 Quote
Hey Hardtail people, this probably breaks a rule or four, but don't care.

I have my brain stuck on this Surly Lowside as a beach ride, cause I don't like locking up a hardtail worth 1000s of bucks. Any other similar frame steel rigid bikes you'd recco for riding to the pub?

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 9:21 Quote
Nordest Sardinha 2

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:

I have my brain stuck on this Surly Lowside as a beach ride, cause I don't like locking up a hardtail worth 1000s of bucks. Any other similar frame steel rigid bikes you'd recco for riding to the pub?

We The People Avenger?

Build a custom Marino with old school standards (135mm rear dropouts/26in wheels) to get cheap used parts?

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 10:19 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:

We The People Avenger?

Build a custom Marino with old school standards (135mm rear dropouts/26in wheels) to get cheap used parts?

oh crap, that bike is wicked!

Thanks for the tips, folks.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 10:27 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:

We The People Avenger?

Too much effort and sentimental value would go into something like that IMO. Go with a beater off of Craigslist. Then throw some outdated bits on it. I have a beater steel ride I paid $100 for with old ass chromag bits on it. If it ever got stolen I’d be like, meh... time to Uber home I guess

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 11:31 Quote
I hear you on the beater, but I spent years on bikes I hated. Also I have these rad white industries hubs which I can't bear to part with even though they say 'steal me' haha

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 14:46 Quote
robbiekane wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:

We The People Avenger?

Too much effort and sentimental value would go into something like that IMO. Go with a beater off of Craigslist. Then throw some outdated bits on it. I have a beater steel ride I paid $100 for with old ass chromag bits on it. If it ever got stolen I’d be like, meh... time to Uber home I guess
thats a hell of an idea... Ive got boxes of highly used old mtb parts and forks and wheels..and single speed stuff.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 2:34 Quote
I hear you on the beater, but I spent years on bikes I hated. Also I have these rad white industries hubs which I can't bear to part with even though they say 'steal me' haha

Most antiquated hardtails have great geo for pub use

My old Chromag now ferries me to the beach pub and also has a set of slicks for road rash duties

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 3:38 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

My old Chromag now ferries me to the beach pub and also has a set of slicks for road rash duties

Please tell me it's some far off lovely tropical beach!

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 3:50 Quote
matther01 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Please tell me it's some far off lovely tropical beach!

Far from it currently, though after a skinful it all looks the same! Tasmania beckons

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 10:03 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

The only spare frame I'll have is a Ti Middlechild haha, so I'm trying to avoid making that a pub bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.134506
Mobile Version of Website