The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
red-o wrote:
I don't understand his passion for silver hoses, but it's me I guess...

Hi hadn't even noticed the hoses, my eye was unfortunately drawn to Hope's extremely distasteful purple cranks.

I mean its got a matching purple headset, would look better with a purple seat clamp and purple hubs. Needs more purple or none at all.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 12:59 Quote
red-o wrote:

yes black would be cool too! but the story is a little longer. I already had a BTR a few years ago. when i sold it. Bought a lot of parts from the community, including my Hope brake.

I found the XXL Ranger on ebay and how funny it was the seller who bought my parts. so i bought my old hope brake back

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 13:02 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
red-o wrote:

Hi hadn't even noticed the hoses, my eye was unfortunately drawn to Hope's extremely distasteful purple cranks.

Big Grin ok not everybody’s fav but I like the purple ones!

Ok, i got a Intend Rocksteady Crank, but raw and raw hmm, so a friend of mine bought the intend cranks.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 13:22 Quote
WPUK wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
I really hate those Hope cranks. They look like they come from the factory with a ton of footrub on them.

I think Hope stuff in general (as much as I'm a big fan of their hubs) could do with a bit of modernisation

I love Hope stuff (good price to quality and being made in not the Far East) but those cranks are ugly.

But other then the cranks I love that BTR.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
Seppl wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
red-o wrote:

Ok, i got a Intend Rocksteady Crank, but raw and raw hmm, so a friend of mine bought the intend cranks.

Curious to know what the stack and reach numbers are on it? Looks like a blast to ride!

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
Seppl wrote:
wythall1 wrote:

Curious to know what the stack and reach numbers are on it? Looks like a blast to ride!

Reach 500
Stack 672

My Cockpit was with the 38mm Nukeproof riser and the intend stiffmaster to high, so I changed to a Beast component with 15mm rise.

Just the fork need to go to 140mm travel!

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 14:28 Quote
Seppl wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
red-o wrote:

I may not be a fan of hope cranks, but it is a sweet bike! tup

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 18:20 Quote
Seppl wrote:
red-o wrote:

yes black would be cool too! but the story is a little longer. I already had a BTR a few years ago. when i sold it. Bought a lot of parts from the community, including my Hope brake.

I found the XXL Ranger on ebay and how funny it was the seller who bought my parts. so i bought my old hope brake back

Well, when you navigate through marshy waters, away from conventional solutions, there will always be debates. I see a combination of brutality and finesse in your bike and I like that. Having myself a Ranger in size L I'm curious how it rides this one... how tall are you?...

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 22:03 Quote
red-o wrote:
Seppl wrote:
red-o wrote:

Well, when you navigate through marshy waters, away from conventional solutions, there will always be debates. I see a combination of brutality and finesse in your bike and I like that. Having myself a Ranger in size L I'm curious how it rides this one... how tall are you?...

I rode a XL Ranger a few years ago. In this Time all my bikes was long and slack

A Geometron 520 reach
A Moxie 510 reach (on this I feel perfekt)
Not The Ranger with 500 Reach and a lot of Stack (Love it, got loooong legs)

I‘m 185 with 94cm leg length

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 7:47 Quote
Looks like they rode through a trail of bird shit. Nice look.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 9:10 Quote
That Pole is 100% not sexy. Those tires are bad enough but the fork graphics, the cranks, blue rim graphics and white zip ties holding on the chainstay protector as well.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 9:42 Quote
I dig the fork graphics , Haven't figured out the tires yet ???? Not into the wheel logo though...

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 10:00 Quote
I do like the seatpost clamp and chainring.
I was going to comment about the tyres, but who am I to say anything about tyres?? XD

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 11:06 Quote
Compared to these, your tires look pretty boring

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019577
Mobile Version of Website