The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 1:40 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

Black tires for me personally, but this bike has never looked so good, I even like the wheel decals, must be going soft lol

I started removing the tacky decals from the rims but I couldn't be bothered with all of them.
So those are staying in, at least until I find the time to peel them off.
They "kind of match" the frame colour so it's not too bad.....

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 1:48 Quote
poncho467 wrote:

So many shades of silver and white. I want to like it but man that's ugly. That fork always seems awkward looking without lower guards... top heavy looking. Good effort nonetheless.

I think grey is a tricky one when trying to match, specially components from different manufacturers as each one of them has their own idea of "silver".

As I see it, the guy that has put this thing together may have 2 problems:

- He's colour blind. Judging by his previous bikes and how he dresses, I would say this is very possible.
- As many housewives, he's a bit fond of "50 shades of Grey" and tried to go that way.

As for the fork....the guy seems awkward looking himself, so I think it matches his personality.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 3:44 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Schwalbe tans and that fork - yuck for me.

Thank god they are not white..

Black tires for me personally, but this bike has never looked so good, I even like the wheel decals, must be going soft lol

The white hubs must go... also, black stancions matter...

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 5:07 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Schwalbe tans and that fork - yuck for me.

Thank god they are not white..

The white hubs must go... also, black stancions matter...

Oh ... no .... yeew... di’int’!

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 6:11 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

I started removing the tacky decals from the rims but I couldn't be bothered with all of them.
So those are staying in, at least until I find the time to peel them off.
They "kind of match" the frame colour so it's not too bad.....

What kind of hubs are you running - they're white? Not a lot of painted options out there. How are the electronic bits performing? I love the idea of no cables, but I'm a luddite so that scares me.

more pics man!

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 7:46 Quote

What kind of hubs are you running - they're white? Not a lot of painted options out there. How are the electronic bits performing? I love the idea of no cables, but I'm a luddite so that scares me.

more pics man!

Hi. The hubs are Tune King & Kong. Lovely bits of German engineering, which I really likee.
The electronic thingies are OK so far. No problems. Work as they should as long as I remember to charge the batteries every 2 or 3 weeks. They are super easy to install and adjusting the derailleur properly takes like 3 minutes? Even tech dinosaurs like me are able to do it. The derailleur has already suffered a couple of impacts but luckily enough it is not made of swiss cheese. I cannot recommend them enough, tbh.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 10:02 Quote
Bitelio wrote:

more pics man!

Hi. The hubs are Tune King & Kong. Lovely bits of German engineering, which I really likee.
The electronic thingies are OK so far. No problems. Work as they should as long as I remember to charge the batteries every 2 or 3 weeks. They are super easy to install and adjusting the derailleur properly takes like 3 minutes? Even tech dinosaurs like me are able to do it. The derailleur has already suffered a couple of impacts but luckily enough it is not made of swiss cheese. I cannot recommend them enough, tbh.

Great, now I want an ebike and electronic components. Who am I!!??

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 11:03 Quote
Bitelio wrote:

more pics man!

Great, now I want an ebike and electronic components. Who am I!!??

Do it

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 11:14 Quote
Won't be a hardtail, though, hahaha.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
Won't be a hardtail, though, hahaha.

True lol

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 11:57 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
Lovely welds!!

+1 looks amazing

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 13:22 Quote

Chainstays look short, anyone know measurement? Awesome looking frame!

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 20:18 Quote
Killer Marino on instagram @f*ckyeahhardtail......... Besides cable mess !

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024647
Mobile Version of Website